Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos in Orlando - Chabad or Kosher hotel?
Previous  1  2

chica

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 5:28 pm
During "yeshiva vacation" ie the next two shabbosim, they hold services and meals at the centre. We don't really care where we stay, as long as I can walk with my 18 month old. (I've never traveled anywhere without an eruv, so I'm nervous about walking with him walking.

Judy

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 9:50 am
We were there last winter during yeshiva break. Chabad was at the center across from the westgate. The hotel is beautiful, not so cheap but not ridiculous, but we got 2 bedroom suite and they give a chabad and AAA discount. Th chabad shul-restaurant iis across the parking lot its not far but its a big parking lot like walking 2 blocks maybe. When we were there, there were quite a few families with babies and carriages and they had either someone from the hotell or one of the non jewish waiters walk their carrriage across. It's a very convenient and nice experience.
Btw we left motzei Shabbos to a diff resort and we asked to pay half price for shabbos day/night (for hotel) and they agreed.

chica

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 9:05 pm
^^ weird, my Rav told me that I can't use a [gentile] to push/carry where there is no eruv. I guess I'll ask again...

UQT

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 9:35 pm
Just to give you another option Smile

We stayed in our rented house and had Gitty Shepansky - http://gittysgourmet.com/ - make us the whole shabbos. She's a frum girl who lives in Orlando. It was delicious with a personal touch, she helped us with all our Jewish Orlando question and she even lent us a ladle and stuff we didn't' have.

The place I stayed at was from reservekosher.com and came with a crockpot and shabbos blech. I made my own cholent but Gitty made the soup, fish, chicken, kugel and it was all delicious. I even ordered some suppers from her. A much cheaper alternative.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
I must thank you op, I'm planning on visiting orlando in jan, and thought ill have to travel to miami for shabbos (which I've made inquiries, and would end up costing me about $500-$600) after seeing ur post I looked them up online, (worldgate resort) I did get a phone #, I spoke to the (jewish) person who gave me prices, and info, he said its up already, they're only still working on opening a dairy rest. soon! Its gonna end up costing us only over $300 the entire shabbos! Thanks so much! U can give him a call: 352-729-3399!
To speak directly to the hotel: 407-997-2100, its cheaper if u mention that u want the kosher package!

Bump. Does anyone have any info on this? I called both numbers, they don't exist anymore Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics