Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid vaccine
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:24 am
Be honest- how many of you actually personally know anyone who had a terrible long term reaction to the vaccine, vs. how many of you actually personally know someone who had a terrible long term reaction, or died of the actual COVID Virus?
I’m not talking about reading or hearing second hand about horror stories, and deaths from the vaccine by unverified sources, but about what you have actually seen firsthand?
I know quite a few people who died or are having serious side effects from having had the virus, but know of no one personally who have had anything but mild & very short term side effects from the vaccine.
That’s because serious repercussions from the vaccine are extremely rare compared to those from the virus.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:27 am
HealthCoach wrote:
Israel found a link between Pfizer and myocarditis and also a blood disorder. I can provide links on request. Israel currently has positive covid cases of the fully vaccinated. At what point will this information be promoted from misinformation to information?

Just saw a report of 340 cases of myocarditis out of 240 million vaccinated. There's a better chance of myocarditis from covid than from the vaccine. Plus it is mild and easily treatable if you got it as a result of the vaccine.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who knows maybe you'll change my mind

That's just it.. nobody wants to change your mind. There's post after post anti the vaccine,but no one started a thread trying to get people to vaccinate. I can't speak for everyone,but for myself,I don't care if you get the vaccine. Honestly,do whatever you want..I just don't care.

amother
DarkGray

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:35 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
Be honest- how many of you actually personally know anyone who had a terrible long term reaction to the vaccine, vs. how many of you actually personally know someone who had a terrible long term reaction, or died of the actual COVID Virus?
I’m not talking about reading or hearing second hand about horror stories, and deaths from the vaccine by unverified sources, but about what you have actually seen firsthand?
I know quite a few people who died or are having serious side effects from having had the virus, but know of no one personally who have had anything but mild & very short term side effects from the vaccine.
That’s because serious repercussions from the vaccine are extremely rare compared to those from the virus.

As posted above I know someone young and healthy who got the vaccine and then Covid and is still in serious condition.

My friend's family member is no longer among the living after getting the vaccine.

People aren't talking about it and are afraid to say it's from the vaccine as others don't believe them and call them conspiracy theorists.... I've heard this first hand.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
As posted above I know someone young and healthy who got the vaccine and then Covid and is still in serious condition.

My friend's family member is no longer among the living after getting the vaccine.

People aren't talking about it and are afraid to say it's from the vaccine as others don't believe them and call them conspiracy theorists.... I've heard this first hand.

First of , nobody claimed you cannot get covid after the vaccine. Second, this friends relative died directly as a result of getting the vaccine? What exactly happened to them?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:39 am
fleetwood wrote:
Just saw a report of 340 cases of myocarditis out of 240 million vaccinated. There's a better chance of myocarditis from covid than from the vaccine. Plus it is mild and easily treatable if you got it as a result of the vaccine.

340 reported cases. Chances are its more.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:49 am
Both Covid and the Covid vaccine is new you kind of have to weigh your risk. those who didn’t get Covid are choosing to get the vaccine , yes there might be long term is affects from the vaccine?we don’t know yet. but there’s also long-term effects from Covid and we also don’t know yet. And there are many long-term effects from Covid that we didn’t know about. I personally know people who have long terms effects from Covid Hopefully will get better but we don’t know I know people who passed away from Covid. I know there are side effects the vaccine but I don’t know anyone personally who had a Reaction more than fever chills as the like. There’s almost no right or wrong right now because it’s also know everyone has to do what they feel is best for them.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:35 am
fleetwood wrote:
That's just it.. nobody wants to change your mind. There's post after post anti the vaccine,but no one started a thread trying to get people to vaccinate. I can't speak for everyone,but for myself,I don't care if you get the vaccine. Honestly,do whatever you want..I just don't care.

Actually, within the threads/conversations about the anti-vaccine posts, there are many people who are pro vaccine, and give very valid arguments, eliciting many “likes”.
OP, I am very much hoping that you read the pro COVID vaccine arguments, and weigh their logic against the anti-vaccine arguments.
The more people who get vaccinated, the more likely this scourge can be eradicated, with less fear that the variants will overtake us.
OP, unlike “fleetwood”, I very much care that you get the vaccine, for your good, and for the general good. I believe that these vaccines are miracles from HaShem, and that we should embrace and recognize them as such.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:50 am
Actually, within the threads/conversations about the anti-vaccine posts, there are many people who are pro vaccine, and give very valid arguments, eliciting many “likes”.
OP, I am very much hoping that you read the pro COVID vaccine arguments, and weigh their logic against the anti-vaccine arguments.
The more people who get vaccinated, the more likely this scourge can be eradicated, with less fear that the variants will overtake us.
OP, unlike “fleetwood”, I very much care that you get the vaccine, for your good, and for the general good. I believe that these vaccines are miracles from HaShem, and that we should embrace and recognize them as such.

Israel is reporting that about half of their new cases are people that have been vaccinated. So unfortunately it's not guaranteed that the vaccine will eradicate new strains.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:56 am

I know someone who had her first miscarriage the week she got the vaccine. I know 2 men who had strokes shortly after the vaccine. My father says his memory is suddenly failing and it started right after his second shot. 4 coincidences to you I presume.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:59 am
Quote:

Someone over 60 is 14.6 times more likely to die within 14 days of second shot.

How many people know someone who the doctor said, “I’m sorry your relative is being diagnosed with X and it is directly related to the vaccine.” The answer is likely zero.

I am currently in the hospital 24/7 with my 19 year old daughter who has a ruptured appendix and took the vaccine. It is a known side effect of the vaccine. In all fairness, I cannot decide her case is from the vaccine. Maybe it would have happened anyway. However, it’s more likely from the vaccine.

I can tell a funny story that when she was admitted, they said her diagnosis and immediately asked if she had the vaccine. I already knew that it’s a known side effect, but I was very surprised that it was acknowledged in the hospital. So I asked, you think there’s a connection? They said no no there’s no possible connection, it’s just an admission question. I happen to believe that the question was not related to diagnosis, they weren’t doing a study, but it was clearly very important to them that I understand that there was no possible connection.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Quote:

Someone over 60 is 14.6 times more likely to die within 14 days of second shot.

How many people know someone who the doctor said, “I’m sorry your relative is being diagnosed with X and it is directly related to the vaccine.” The answer is likely zero.

I am currently in the hospital 24/7 with my 19 year old daughter who has a ruptured appendix and took the vaccine. It is a known side effect of the vaccine. In all fairness, I cannot decide her case is from the vaccine. Maybe it would have happened anyway. However, it’s more likely from the vaccine.

I can tell a funny story that when she was admitted, they said her diagnosis and immediately asked if she had the vaccine. I already knew that it’s a known side effect, but I was very surprised that it was acknowledged in the hospital. So I asked, you think there’s a connection? They said no no there’s no possible connection, it’s just an admission question. I happen to believe that the question was not related to diagnosis, they weren’t doing a study, but it was clearly very important to them that I understand that there was no possible connection.

I am sorry you are going through this and iyh your daughter should have a full recovery. If there was really "no possible connection" why would they even ask the question?? Clearly there is.

evaeva

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:30 am
we took vaccines because we follow DAAS TORAH!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so first or all, not trying to bash at all. I mean it. But could I just have some clarification? I'm confused bec no matter what people say, about how its so safe and necessary... this vaccine was around for 1 year I think could be wrong but whatever. ONE YEAR. Absolutely no one knows the long term effects- it wasn't around long term!! Not even close to it!! So how do you folks let this enter your body???? Again, not bashing or anything im genuinely confused and would like to understand the reasoning

I was originally not going to get the vaccine, but I decided to discuss my concerns about it with my brother, who is a doctor trained in the top medical schools/residencies.

First I told him that I don't want this vaccine to use my cells as factories to produce virus parts. He pointed out that that is what the virus itself would do: viruses invade your cells and turn your cells into virus-producing factories. So it would be better to have the vaccine produce harmless virus pieces rather than have the virus itself produce more live viruses that would then invade more cells to produce even more viruses in my body. The virus pieces trigger your immune system to learn how to destroy the actual virus if it would ever invade.

My second fear had been that I had heard that the spike proteins the vaccine makes your body produce can themselves be harmful in various ways. My brother pointed out even if that would be true (and he did not say it was true), the virus itself is covered in those same spike proteins, so if I am not vaccinated, the virus itself can come in and invade, bringing their spike proteins with them. Whatever fear I might have about the vaccine causing my cells to produce spike proteins should be less than my fear of the virus invading with its spike proteins, which would then reproduce inside my body making more and more of those spike proteins.

Lastly, I looked at Israel as a big trial run. Most of the country received the vaccine and then Covid cases started declining rapidly. And if the vaccine had been causing terrible health problems in large numbers, we would know.

That said, I would not trust the Johnson & Johnson vaccine to be safe, only Pfizer and Moderna. Even my primary care doctor says to avoid the Johnson & Johnson shot, as he does not believe that one to be safe. And questions about the safety of Johnson & Johnson have been circulating in the news, while I have not heard the same about Pfizer or Moderna.

Five of us in my family have been fully vaccinated, from teenagers up to someone in their 80's. Some had the Pfizer and some the Moderna, and none of us had any side effects B"H.

Hope this helps.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:34 am
evaeva wrote:

My daas Torah said not to take it. My doctor and pediatrician didn't take it. We are following the advice we received.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:03 pm
I agree with OP. In general I’m very pro vaccines. I’ve done a tremendous about of research reading medical journal studies and there is no proof of adverse effects for the ones given to children. The covid vaccine is still new and there is just not enough research to know what will be. Doctors can’t predict. Obviously for many people the advantages far out way the small chance that there will be long term negative effects. My parents and immune compromised relatives got… I just don’t see what the rush is for me though.

On the one hand I think it’s important for people to trust doctors if they didn’t go to medical school, but I’ve also learned from experience that doctors are very human and make educated guesses. Not necessarily are they fully educated in the area when they guess. Also they sometimes don’t feel comfortable going against CDC WHO etc.

I try to understand the rationale to make sure that the doctors recommendations seem best for me; Never just by asking around or googling blogs. In school we learned to find evidence based research via Google scholar and looking for large controlled studies without bias… This has helped me make informed decisions for many medical dilemmas. Of course there’s guarantee either way. So we do our best and daven.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 1:03 pm
fleetwood wrote:
First of , nobody claimed you cannot get covid after the vaccine. Second, this friends relative died directly as a result of getting the vaccine? What exactly happened to them?
Different amother but my cousin died directly as a result of getting the vaccine, as expressed by her doctors. She was old, in her low 80's but totally healthy and active. She developed the myocarditis from the vaccine and died a day or two after her second dose.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:30 pm
I’m the amother above that posted about vaccine and appendicitis. The doctor literally just said to us that he doesn’t know why there are so many appendicitis cases recently... I kept quiet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:38 pm
evaeva wrote:

theres daas torah in both directions

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:40 pm
Thx everyone for your comments, experiences, and reasoning's. I appreciate it
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics