Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Find me this dream location!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:09 pm
Is there such a vacation place?
- under 3 hours (but really pref under 2 hours!!) from Monsey area. I lived her forever and can’t spend another summer here (even though there are plenty nature related things to do here, nope, need to get away).
- child friendly (10- baby)
- beautiful, with just that vacation feel, like you feel like you are really “away”. Not a beach beach bc my husband won’t go near a beach full of bikinis. A view would be amazing. Wouldn’t mind a beach if it a hidden secret type of place
- activities!! Things we can do that will really keep us busy and moving (remember age appropriate for little people). No hiking
- minyan and kosher food would be nice but if not not (doesn’t have to be flooded with every single other Jewish family!!)
- a place where masks are not going to be required (as of now of course)

Would only be going for 2 (maaaybe 3 days/2 nights) so the closer the better

Asking too much?

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:14 pm
Newport (BUT the shul isn’t open to tourists yet. may be later in the summer for vaccinated guests) if can forgo minyan it definitely feels like a getaway and it’s on the water so you have that too.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:59 pm
Do your kids like animals? There are some very pleasant farm Airbnb's. My kids love it and it's so wholesome.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:05 am
Hunter/Tanersville area, poconos (maybe too close) or a bit farther up is Jimminy Peak or Lake George. Look for activities in these areas they all have boating, parks, farms. Jimminy Peak and Lake george also have amusement. You will have minyan and pizza shop in Hunter and Jimminy.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:08 am
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
Hunter/Tanersville area, poconos (maybe too close) or a bit farther up is Jimminy Peak or Lake George. Look for activities in these areas they all have boating, parks, farms. Jimminy Peak and Lake george also have amusement. You will have minyan and pizza shop in Hunter and Jimminy.

where in jiminy is there minyan and kosher food?

Zehava

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:15 am
Hunter mountain has gorgeous gorgeous mountain views
Haven’t been to lake George but it’s a popular destination
Lancaster/philly/poconos PA

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
where in jiminy is there minyan and kosher food?
It's up the throughway in Massachusetts. Its in the Berkshires. Chabad runs a pizza shop and minyan there but you need to check when they open for the season.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:25 am
Lake George is probably 2 hours from Monsey.
Gorgeous views, Chabad houses in the area, and attractions open in the summer.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:01 am
hunter area would be nice but I heard a lot of attractions aren't open bc of covid- don't know if thats true.

newport sounds nice but I don't think mansions are ideal for my kids. they need real kid friendly. also, water sports isn't ideal either for my kids.

anything to do in mystic for us?

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hunter area would be nice but I heard a lot of attractions aren't open bc of covid- don't know if thats true.

newport sounds nice but I don't think mansions are ideal for my kids. they need real kid friendly. also, water sports isn't ideal either for my kids.

anything to do in mystic for us?

What does kid friendly mean to you? What sort of activities? Newport has So much More then mansions and I’ve been to all
The above places and none feel like you’re in a different world like Newport. Lake George is run of the Will tourist trap. I’ve been numerous times and keep trying to see the appeal and can’t. Berkshire’s is pretty and there are active outdoors activities but it doesn’t feel like much of an escape (and I live in the city!) to me. Unless I misunderstood what you’re looking for in terms of a real feeling of being away

Mystic is dead boring to me and the aquarium is insanely overpriced.

Where have you been in the past that you liked? Where have you been that you didn’t like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics