Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pay for small office (ten years work experience)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:53 am
Is inflation causing Lakewood employees to demand larger salaries or wages?

What’s normal going rate for small office for an employee w ten years work experience (three-five years within this company)?

Office position.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:58 am
I think alot depends on what kind of work is being done, and how difficult it is to find and train in someone else. Certain office-type jobs max out at a certain salary.

I don't think it's so much inflation as demand for certain types of skills that has caused certain salaries to increase, and others not.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 7:17 am
Bump.

Chayalle my question re inflation is: prices everywhere went up, so the same $ doesn’t get me as far. Are Lakewood employees therefore requesting raises?
I would think that would be the case…

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 7:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump.

Chayalle my question re inflation is: prices everywhere went up, so the same $ doesn’t get me as far. Are Lakewood employees therefore requesting raises?
I would think that would be the case…

I can tell you that while I don’t work or live in Lakewood. I work for 2 major national health care companies and our raises across the board were less than last year. Merit increases were decreased from 3-4% to 2-3%. Bonus and raises were held for the first quarter and there was a freeze put on raises for executive and staff over a certain level/pay.
I want to work in this magical land of Lakewood.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 7:52 am
Inflation does not drive raises

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 7:55 am
I don't either work in Lakewood, but I can tell you that my post seminary niece gets paid more at her office job than I do. My sister, who just started a new job (she hasn't worked in a while) and was offered a starting salary that is more than 10 dollars higher per hour than I make. My husband, who employs a secretary where we live, thinks that the amount they're paying in Lakewood is unusually high.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
I don't either work in Lakewood, but I can tell you that my post seminary niece gets paid more at her office job than I do. My sister, who just started a new job (she hasn't worked in a while) and was offered a starting salary that is more than 10 dollars higher per hour than I make. My husband, who employs a secretary where we live, thinks that the amount they're paying in Lakewood is unusually high.

I am aware Lakewood is higher that’s why I’m asking specifically about Lakewood.

Can you post the numbers if you’re comfortable?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 8:38 am
I have two DD's who work in Lakewood. I find that while some jobs are now offering more per hour, my DD is a salaried employee, and I think that's better in the long run.

If a boss can hire and easily train in a young girl out of seminary to do the job, he isn't going to raise his current employees past a certain point.

And inflation may mean less for a company's bottom line, if they are in a field where they can't necessarily charge more, but costs are now higher for them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 8:45 am
Chayalle wrote:
I have two DD's who work in Lakewood. I find that while some jobs are now offering more per hour, my DD is a salaried employee, and I think that's better in the long run.

If a boss can hire and easily train in a young girl out of seminary to do the job, he isn't going to raise his current employees past a certain point.

And inflation may mean less for a company's bottom line, if they are in a field where they can't necessarily charge more, but costs are now higher for them.

All true points.

How does salary vs hourly work? I never understood it. Like, just because I get a salary doesn’t mean I can come late, does it?

amother
Trillium

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All true points.

How does salary vs hourly work? I never understood it. Like, just because I get a salary doesn’t mean I can come late, does it?

I’d love to hear about raises as well.
Regarding hourly vs salary - it doesn’t mean you start late. But it means that when you do come late, for whatever reason, pay isn’t deducted...

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:32 am
My mom got a 17k raise! Small Lkwd office, been working there 2 years or so. She got another job offer and her boss offered to match. Part time

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:34 am
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
My mom got a 17k raise! Small Lkwd office, been working there 2 years or so. She got another job offer and her boss offered to match. Part time

Wow!!! Unbelievable!! Good for her!!

Are a lot of new hobs offering a higher amount?

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow!!! Unbelievable!! Good for her!!

Are a lot of new hobs offering a higher amount?

The place she interviewed at was pretty desperate for employees and she’s reliable and past the child bearing stage so they were willing to offer more ...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:40 am
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
The place she interviewed at was pretty desperate for employees and she’s reliable and past the child bearing stage so they were willing to offer more ...

That makes sense. That’s not me Wink I am reliable but have little children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries