Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Camp blanket rec

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:58 am
From your experience is it better to send a blanket with a duvet cover that the kid can switch and no top sheet or a plain blanket and top sheet?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:02 am
From experience, the kids don't bother putting the blanket on the duvet. I send a flat sheet and tell them to put the blanket on top.

But if you do that, make sure it's a washable blanket.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:06 am
thats what I thought.....I only have plain blankets for duvets. can you recommend a link to a blanket that would be good on amazon. boy and girl....

sky

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:08 am
The bed can be hard to make with top sheet. Especially a top bunk.

I send the quilt in 2 duvet covers. This way if the outer one gets dirty they can just take it off.
(Kids don’t really change linen in camp). I pin it in place so it doesn’t come off.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:54 am
sky wrote:

I send the quilt in 2 duvet covers. This way if the outer one gets dirty they can just take it off.
(Kids don’t really change linen in camp). I pin it in place so it doesn’t come off.

hmm never thought of that.

I packed her quilt in a duvet cover and pillows in the pillow cases, so all she has to do is put the sheet on.

Most years, I would come up on visiting day and change and wash their linen for them (and wash their Shabbos clothes!). But this year visiting day is in the 9 days! So maybe this will be the solution.....I'm trying to teach her to do some laundry but some kids take to that sooner than others....

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
hmm never thought of that.

I packed her quilt in a duvet cover and pillows in the pillow cases, so all she has to do is put the sheet on.

Most years, I would come up on visiting day and change and wash their linen for them (and wash their Shabbos clothes!). But this year visiting day is in the 9 days! So maybe this will be the solution.....I'm trying to teach her to do some laundry but some kids take to that sooner than others....

Way back when I was in camp I remember other campers mothers did the 2 duvet covers thing..

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:03 am
I sent regular fitted and top sheets and a basic fleece blanket I ordered from walmart online. My daughter was middle school aged, maybe a little younger when she started going to camp. She had no issues and actually said she was much more comfortable than most of her friends. the blanket folds up small but is still very warm. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mai.....23205

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:09 am
DD has a cozy blanket she's taking in addition to her quilt/duvet.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:47 am
My (non-frum) friend's son's counselor sent a photo of the boys' bunk all set up, and every kid had a regular decorative fleece blanket on their bed. No fancy quilts or duvets. I doubt they had top sheets.

The chances of your kid lovingly changing his duvet every week are zero. (And remember that laundry takes a couple of days, so they would need at least 2 covers.)

Send an extra blanket or two in case one needs washing.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:24 am
sky wrote:

My daughter was able to switch the duvet. But that's a great tip!

sky

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:34 am
ra_mom wrote:
My daughter was able to switch the duvet. But that's a great tip!

I always think of something like soda spills both of them will get wet and disgusting
But honestly I don’t think my son works care either way…

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:07 pm
I put two duvet covers and two pillow cases and two sheets on top of each other so he can take off one later after 2 weeks

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 1:00 pm
sky wrote:
I always think of something like soda spills both of them will get wet and disgusting
But honestly I don’t think my son works care either way…

That would be more likely to happen on a bottom bunk.

My DD (who definitely cares) hopes to get a top bunk....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics