Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Person who checks car seat installation?
Previous  1  2

Would/did you get your car seat installation(s) checked by a professional?
Yes  
 32%  [ 23 ]
No  
 47%  [ 33 ]
Don’t know what you’re talking about  
 20%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 70

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 1:55 pm
I'm so happy to see so many people taking this seriously!

We used the local fire station, and they did a great job. When we switched from rear facing to front facing, the police department did it for us.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:07 pm
Im seeing all these comments about getting them installed professionally. How does that help if you don’t know exactly how to use the car seat?
We have one kid and her car seat comes out ALL the time. When we rent a car it comes out. When we travel and rearrange things in the car. School trips, carpool, etc are other reasons I can think of.
If you drive your child, then you need to know how to install the seat. Also, they can loosen up with time. Or, another ignorant passenger might unbuckle it😬
If your husband knows how to install it, what do you do when he’s not there?
To the above poster who said that they’re really easy to install, they are not!! There is no such thing as a car seat that’s Easy to install. You have to work hard and get all sweaty to get it installed tight enough. Maybe you’re really strong!
I highly suggest you follow @safeintheseat on Instagram. She gives soooo many tips on how to install properly. And, no one mentioned proper harnessing!! If the straps are loose and twisted and the chest clip is hanging by the stomach, the child won’t really be protected during an accident.
Follow @safeintheseat to learn how to harness and install properly

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Im seeing all these comments about getting them installed professionally. How does that help if you don’t know exactly how to use the car seat?
We have one kid and her car seat comes out ALL the time. When we rent a car it comes out. When we travel and rearrange things in the car. School trips, carpool, etc are other reasons I can think of.
If you drive your child, then you need to know how to install the seat. Also, they can loosen up with time. Or, another ignorant passenger might unbuckle it😬
If your husband knows how to install it, what do you do when he’s not there?
To the above poster who said that they’re really easy to install, they are not!! There is no such thing as a car seat that’s Easy to install. You have to work hard and get all sweaty to get it installed tight enough. Maybe you’re really strong!
I highly suggest you follow @safeintheseat on Instagram. She gives soooo many tips on how to install properly. And, no one mentioned proper harnessing!! If the straps are loose and twisted and the chest clip is hanging by the stomach, the child won’t really be protected during an accident.
Follow @safeintheseat to learn how to harness and install properly

I didnt see anything about being easy to install, but yes they can be extremely difficult. The technician will show you how to install it correctly when he does it, so you know for future use. The benefit of using a certified technician is they are trained for all the current car seats and can help you with whichever one you have specifically
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics