Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
How can I record myself singing?

theotherone1

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 11:42 pm
Aside from renting time in a studio, what device/software would I need to record myself singing along with popular Jewish songs? I don't mind paying to purchase something. And more specifically, where can I get the instrumentals to popular Jewish music to sing along to?

I'm wondering if a karaoke machine would work or if there is an app that makes more sense. I am pretty clueless about this.

tigerwife

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 11:50 pm
If you have a MacBook, Garageband is a program it comes with.

There are other similar programs available for Windows. It doesn’t have to be an expensive program like ProTools. I had one that was about $70, if I can remember the name I’ll post iyh.

You can buy some instrumental soundtracks on iTunes (I know Benny Friedman and Mordechai Shapiro original soundtracks are available for purchase.

This website is more expensive but has many Jewish soundtracks:

https://all-playbacks.co.il/en/

theotherone1

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 12:20 am
tigerwife wrote:
If you have a MacBook, Garageband is a program it comes with.

There are other similar programs available for Windows. It doesn’t have to be an expensive program like ProTools. I had one that was about $70, if I can remember the name I’ll post iyh.

You can buy some instrumental soundtracks on iTunes (I know Benny Friedman and Mordechai Shapiro original soundtracks are available for purchase.

This website is more expensive but has many Jewish soundtracks:

https://all-playbacks.co.il/en/

Thank you! I am a Windows and Samsung person. No MacBook and no iTunes.
Yikes, I wasn't interested in paying $44 a song.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:36 am
Try Studio One Prime and removing vocals from the mp3 using Audacity if this is for personal use. Any microphone should work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts