Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby is 6 mo, so cute, but so bad and Im barely surviving
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm sorry! Hug
Was that an appointment with a pediatric gastroenterologist?

no, regular pediatrician

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
I mean, okay then. Then you're actually surviving, and it's not as bad as you say. So you're going to have to cope with sleep deprivation, or pay a night nurse until the baby grows out of it.

you're right. it's not as bad as me being suicidal . as I wrote in my op I want to live my life but I cant abandon my child in the process.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:06 pm
48 hours of hell = baby does NOT like the concept for about that long and then gets the point and calms down pretty quickly. But depends on the baby, mine learned super quickly.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:07 pm
Babies this age have short-term memory of 3-5 days. So until they forget what was happening in the past, they fight the new methods. That's what my sleep coach told me.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:11 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Oh. My. God. If OP isn't getting more than a couple of hours of sleep in a row day or night then I don't know how anyone could diagnose a mental health issue. I promise anyone who doesn't get a solid block of 4 hours for six months in a row is going to show all kinds of symptoms that look like depression, anxiety, etc. Until OP can actually get a solid block of sleep she can't know if there's also ppd. OP needs sleep. Like every other human on the planet.

The inability to fall asleep plus staying up really late are the key words. Plus she has a history of PPD.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 12:51 am
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
48 hours of hell = baby does NOT like the concept for about that long and then gets the point and calms down pretty quickly. But depends on the baby, mine learned super quickly.

Not sure what method you used, but mine wasn’t hell. A bit exhausting, but OP is already exhausted, so this will likely only be an improvement.

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 1:39 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
The inability to fall asleep plus staying up really late are the key words. Plus she has a history of PPD.

It's possible she has PPD, but she's experiencing burnout, which can seem very similar and is really more injury than illness and needs to be "treated" with reduction of stress.

imaima

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 1:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know that but apparently my baby doesnt. if she doesnt fall asleep while lying on her side what good does that do me???

You need to have her checked. I don't know if craniosacral is the same as osteopathy, but it may be that her bones or muscles are blocked and some positions are uncomfortable for her.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 9:23 am
Last night was ok , but this morning as I'm making breakfast and packing up the other kids to go to daycamp, baby was crying more like shrieking nonstop. first playing on the floor, then in my hands kvetching so I may as well put her down, into the swing the crying continued. The crying goes to my head and I was yelling at my other kids like a maniac. now im nursing her while posting and she's asleep. even in her sleep she pinches my breast with both hands as if to hold on like a bottle, except it's my skin and shes hurting me but I let her do it because it's better than having her unlatch and yell. we'll see what happens when I put her down.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no, regular pediatrician

Please, please take her to a pediatric gastroenterologist. I went through h3ll with one of my babies and it was awful that she suffered endlessly. Needlessly. Her symptoms of suffering were not picked up by the doctors she saw until she met the ped gastroenterologist (very late).

You can PM me your insurance plan name and location and I can make the call to schedule the appointment for you.

elaela

Post Fri, Jun 25 2021, 11:48 am
oh my firstz one was like that. the cutest baby, yet so very high maintainance, that I stopped nrusing, gave formula instead, asked dh (who worked full time and learned pt kollel, I.e. was hardly ever home and had tons on his list) to take over 2 nights/week. also we spent oney we didnt have on babysitters 3 hours three times/week. I did nothing during these 9 holy hours except SLEEP.

it was a game changer. at 7 months baby was much better and slowly we all got on a bearable schedule.

I was so traumaztized (did I mention I worked during this time too?) that I never wanted another child. b´´´H I changed my mind. all my other babies were happy, and slept through by the time they turned 8 weeks, plus napped during the day several times and were very pleasenz to be around.

dc1 developed into an amazing person, very calm,very helpful and independant with great middos ba``h- so your babies behaviour does not collerate with his future character. enjoy the sweetnes of your baby and accept that he /she is just a little difficult at the moment. I dont think there is muc you cando to change the abbies behaviour now. I believe it will develop and resolve itself with time. biut you HAVE to take care of yourself. its torture to not sleep

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 7:05 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Not sure what method you used, but mine wasn’t hell. A bit exhausting, but OP is already exhausted, so this will likely only be an improvement.

Hell as in I HATE hearing DS cry, and although it was increments of timed 30 seconds, my heart was telling me to scoop him up and cuddle him! And he took to it all very quickly, the sleep coach claimed that most babies get no daytime sleep for the first 2 days of following her strategies,

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 4:10 am
so sorry for you!

There are baby sleep coaches that do not use the cry it out method.

Think it is called "gentle sleep training."

Can your husband spell you at all? naps albeit at odd hours can take off the edge in the meantime
Also a sleep coach can make a plan for both parents and it usually takes a few weeks at most.

hugs and hatzlocha

seabird

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 4:42 am
Wow, sounds like me n my baby. And he's turning one soon.
But finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. He's slowly starting to be a little easier. What helped for me was dropping most of my other responsibilities. So what if my house is a little/lot messier, and supper not (at all) gourmet. My older kids need to help out a little more and so does hub. I've stopped feeling guilty about it cuz there's no other way to cope. And when there's not as much for you to juggle, it all just seem easier, even when extremely sleep deprived. I know it sounds crazy but this baby will grow up and things will get easier. It's only temporary. Ur sanity and her happiness are more important.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics