Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What is there to do in /around Smoky Mountains in Tennessee?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 8:45 am
Anyone been there? looking for combo of nature and other activities for kids. Thanks!

Beingreal

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 8:47 am
Going there. There is Dollywood, aquarium, nature trails....

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:04 am
We went in the winter. We went to the Island, which has some rides and shops, Gatlinburg. Which had snow tubing, ice skating and skiing, and they have these fun mountain coasters all over the area. We were only there for 3 days but there is so much more to do. We are hoping to go back. Just FYI there is no kosher food or Minoan there.

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:10 am
Gatlinburg is a fun place.
In the Smokies itself, there's camping, hiking, check out the visitor's center.

We were there for the Great Eclipse 4 years ago. Great memories!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
We went in the winter. We went to the Island, which has some rides and shops, Gatlinburg. Which had snow tubing, ice skating and skiing, and they have these fun mountain coasters all over the area. We were only there for 3 days but there is so much more to do. We are hoping to go back. Just FYI there is no kosher food or Minoan there.

Are the mountain coasters fast like roller coasters? ok for little kids and scared mommies?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 9:35 am
Also, any recommendations on where to stay?

sweet

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:31 pm
Is there a way to be there over shobbas?

I see Knoxville is only 40 minutes away from there.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:33 am
Bump

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 8:46 am
sweet wrote:
Is there a way to be there over shobbas?

I see Knoxville is only 40 minutes away from there.

Asheville is approx 2 hours away with a Chabad

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 8:54 am
Clingman's Dome
Lots of great caverns within 1-2 hours driving distance
Offroad/Jeep tours
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are fun towns with lots of random shops and museums
Ziplining

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
Clingman's Dome
Lots of great caverns within 1-2 hours driving distance
Offroad/Jeep tours
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are fun towns with lots of random shops and museums
Ziplining

Did you hike to clingmans dome?
Where did you do a Jeep tour?

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 9:53 am
did anyone find a good stream or waterfall hike or swimming hole that does NOT have a difficult or long hike beforehand?

Zahava94

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 10:13 am
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
did anyone find a good stream or waterfall hike or swimming hole that does NOT have a difficult or long hike beforehand?

There's a beautiful stream very close to the Chimneys Picnic Area
Cataract Falls is right near the visitor center on the west side of the park
Drive the Little River Gorge road toward Cades Cove, there are many pulloffs right near the stream with nice cascades and swimming holes
On the east side of the park, there is Mingo Falls, a nice waterfall right near the road

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 8:21 pm
Thank you Zahava. Is there any other detail you can provide that would help me find the places you mentioned? I still feel a little lost Smile

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:16 pm
I'm here in Tennessee for vacation now. I was in Nashville and stopped 1.5 hours away for tonight. I didn't book a place yet for shabbos.

I want to sleep in the smoky mntns but it's very hard to find a place that's a decent price. Also, I have a baby so would need either a cabin with nice views and place outside to sit, or a hotel. There's no eiruv here...

Airbnb can be up to $800 with cleaning fees for 2 days. Any ideas where I can be for shabbos? Nice area? Preferably with food.
Thanks

DVOM

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 3:32 am
We camped mostly on the NC side, but did some things in TN.

Our youngest at the time was 4; we kept all hikes under 3 hours, that was pretty much his limit. It was also during the hight of covid, so most of the more touristy things were closed down.

We hiked Clingmans Dome. Really beautiful if you can make it to the top!

Another very worthwhile hike was Big Creek Trail. No real elevation, which made it an easy hike, but the trail crisscrosses a river with about 8 bridges made of single logs with a single railing. Very thrilling for my boys!

We enjoyed the Oconoluftee visitors center. The valley has buildings from old farmsteads that were relocated that you can explore.

Cherokee, NC has a great Native American living history museum that we all really loved.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 7:16 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
I'm here in Tennessee for vacation now. I was in Nashville and stopped 1.5 hours away for tonight. I didn't book a place yet for shabbos.

I want to sleep in the smoky mntns but it's very hard to find a place that's a decent price. Also, I have a baby so would need either a cabin with nice views and place outside to sit, or a hotel. There's no eiruv here...

Airbnb can be up to $800 with cleaning fees for 2 days. Any ideas where I can be for shabbos? Nice area? Preferably with food.
Thanks

Im landing in Nashville and want to head towards Gatlinburg/PF do you have any nice attractions where we can stop?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 8:37 pm
Dani Klein of Yeah That’s Kosher just went there. Looks like an incredible place for a vacation. If you have Instagram, check out the highlight he has on Tennessee.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aG.....2M2Y=

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:27 am
looks cool. thanks. any other ideas or places to stay would be helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics