Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toilet Training - Tomorrow is the day, finally!
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 9:27 pm
meeze wrote:
So I already started today after his morning bottle.

Sorry, but I can't get past this. Why are you giving a three year old a bottle? That could have a lot to do with why you are having so much trouble training him.

Normal kids usually give up a bottle after the first year. Do you give him bottles in bed, too? Do not allow bottles in bed, or it will take you forever to get him night trained. As a matter of fact, ditch the bottles all together. He should be using a regular cup by now.

Make sure that when he has an accident, you hand him some wipes and have him clean up the mess. He needs to associate the mess with something that needs to be cleaned. That's a natural consequence, not a punishment.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 9:52 pm
We're also potty training. Today was day 2 and it was a disaster compared to day 1. I just want to give up and hide. Can't believe I have to keep this up tomorrow. The big issue is that he's not an only child! He has 2 younger siblings!! I am going nuts

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:25 pm
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
We're also potty training. Today was day 2 and it was a disaster compared to day 1. I just want to give up and hide. Can't believe I have to keep this up tomorrow. The big issue is that he's not an only child! He has 2 younger siblings!! I am going nuts

How old is your child?

meeze

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:50 pm
Bh, its going well.
He understands the concept and is holding it in, till he cant anymore and starts touching himself. Then I understand its toilet time and at least he knows to hold it in.

The biggest hassle, is #2. He needs to go but is holding it in.
He already made twice, but now he's a bit more constipated.
I will try to give him tomorrow a fruit smoothie as always with some prunes in it so it helps his stomach.

How long does it take for them to be comfortable to sit and make on their own #2?
I already tried 10 minutes sitting with him with books but he still doesnt want to make.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:58 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
How old is your child?

meeze

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:51 pm
[quote="meeze"]Bh, its going well.
He understands the concept and is holding it in, till he cant anymore and starts touching himself. Then I understand its toilet time and at least he knows to hold it in.

I will try to give him tomorrow a fruit smoothie as always with some prunes in it so it helps his stomach.

How long does it take for them to be comfortable to sit and make on their own #2?
I already tried 10 minutes sitting with him with books but he still doesnt want to make.[/quote

Anyone?

Also, how long usually can I be confidemt that they will not really have accidents while going out of the house, in car, playgroup?
How long did it take your child? Wanting to get an idea.
Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 3:37 pm
It depends on the child. I know 6 and 7 year olds who still have accidents on a fairly regular basis. I mean at least once a week. They always have to carry a change of clothes in their backpacks.

You just can't rush muscle development, and the connection between the nerves down there and the brain. Until all of those things mature, all you'll be doing is frustrating your child and making things worse for everyone.

sunshine23

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:12 pm
I just started training friday but going well bH. How will I send him to the sitter tomorow? He only had 2 accidents today but I was very on top of it..I cant stay home all week. What do I do?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It depends on the child. I know 6 and 7 year olds who still have accidents on a fairly regular basis. I mean at least once a week. They always have to carry a change of clothes in their backpacks.

You just can't rush muscle development, and the connection between the nerves down there and the brain. Until all of those things mature, all you'll be doing is frustrating your child and making things worse for everyone.

But in Asia kids are trained at 12-13 months

lucky14

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 4:28 pm
sunshine23 wrote:
I just started training friday but going well bH. How will I send him to the sitter tomorow? He only had 2 accidents today but I was very on top of it..I cant stay home all week. What do I do?

Unless you spoke with the sitter before you really shouldn't have started if you aren't able to be home with him for at least a few days until he is more consistent. As annoying/inconvenient as that is.

(And since you did already start you should call the sitter up now but really you probably will be sending him to her in a pull up tomorrow and I guess you will see from there... But can't really expect her to be on top of him like you were able to be unless you gave a super amazing sitter).

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 6:33 am
[quote="meeze"]
meeze wrote:
Bh, its going well.

I already tried 10 minutes sitting with him with books but he still doesnt want to make.[/quote

Anyone?

Also, how long usually can I be confidemt that they will not really have accidents while going out of the house, in car, playgroup?
How long did it take your child? Wanting to get an idea.
Thanks

When you say he already did #2 twice.. does that mean he only did #2 twice since Tuesday?

Same questions as you for the rest!!

meeze

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:33 pm
Op here.
Another update on this toilet training fase...
He started making accidents so much more often and he gets sad after the fact that I should quickly change him.
Also, #2, only by accidents. Never wants to sit on the toilet to let it out.

This is very interesting, cause he communicates with me that he knows only on the toilet and not in his pants, but he still davka does it in his pants.

I thought he already chopped the concept and he was so good about it in the beginning, but now its such a struggle.

Im so dissapointed.
Pls help me here how to help myself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics