Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shana Reshona MM

VogueChic

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 5:40 pm
Is it true you dont have to send shalck manos in your first year of marriage? Someone was telling me this but I wasnt sure...??

peach

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:05 pm
never heard of that...

Tehilla

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:05 pm
me either

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:06 pm
I only send for my grandmothers in shano rishona.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:48 pm
why would it be any different ... What

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:50 pm
Is it so hard to just do the amount that you need to do for the mitzvah?

MahPitom

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 6:52 pm
Yes it’s true. It’s a minhag I think, to prevent the young couple from incurring expenses. You have to stick to TWO according to the halacha but not one extra one. Don’t make one for bubby. Confirm it with your family so you don’t feel uncomfortable.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 8:10 pm
its getting the ez way out, I send to about 20 pp the first year-mother, grandparents, siblings....

sometimes its more excusable if u are shana rishona not to give....

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 8:19 pm
It's not from shulchan aruch and it's not spec. Minhg LUbavitch. I nver heard of it.

I could understand not wanting the couple to incur expenses, but you could say that for any year of marriage.

facebooknyny

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:35 am
The Halacha is one only has to send 2 items to one person as the posuk says "umeshloach manos ish leryahu". matonos leavyonim is to give money to two poor people (hence the pasuk 'umatanos levyonim'). I have never heard of a minhag of not to give during SR.

chayitty

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 1:48 am
when ur shana reshona u still give 2...which is halacha...but other people dont expect u to give so u get out of giving siblings, aunts. ect....
I gave everyone cuz I njoy putting tog. mm...and it was like 10 mnths after my wed....but it really depends on ur family if this is wat theyre used to then just give the two...to ur parents and in-laws..and ur done

Rivky

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:00 pm
It all depends how you feel about it. I've heard of not giving the first year-save you some time and money. But personally, I gave the first year. It was nice.

ss321

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:58 pm
I dont get why people specifically wouldnt "expect" MM from a newly married couple? is it a financial issue? because why would it be specific then, to the first year. some people have greater financial issues a few years down the line, after a few kids. I mean I understand, if someone got married rosh chodesh adar, but otherwise...I just dont get it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics