Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Bibs- does such a thing exist?!?!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:36 pm
I have 9 month old twins who are KAH very messy eaters.
Up unitl now I have been using absorbant infant bibs that I also use when they drink their bottles (they dribble a lot). I use one per kid per meal= at least 6 bibs a day for solids because they get extremely messy and I just throw them in the washing machine after each meal ( I own about 40 of these- a pack of 10 is about $12).
Now though they really are outgrowing these baby bibs for meals and they need toddler size bibs made for eating. I tried silicone or wipeable bibs but have found they create more of a mess because they don't absorb and a lot of my kids food is mush (or becomes mush in their mouths).
What I really want is an absorbent bib that is machine washable that I can throw in the laundry after each meal. I do laundry for the kids every other day so that would be a total of 12-14 bibs, if I wanted to indulge myself I would probably love to have around 20 (lasts 3 days). In theory towel bibs like the ones they sell in Jewish stores is what I am looking for but they are $10-12 a bib and maybe I'm crazy but I feel like its a lot to spend $200 on bibs.
Are there any affordable options for me? Or am I being unrealistic? What do people who use towel bibs do?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:37 pm
Check out green sprout bibs

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:40 pm
Following this because I'd love to know about the perfect bib. I'm right now using silicone ones for my 7mo but the kind that has that food catcher thing on the bottom. It's better than the material ones for us, but it doesn't have sleeves so even though I roll them up, my baby's sleeves often get wet/dirty. Also sometimes the food gets down her neck on the "collar" part of her clothing.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:41 pm
Do you know about silicone pocket bibs? We love them. The baby drops food or drink and it simply lands in the pocket. Brilliant. The baby can even learn to pick up food from the bib and give it another go.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:48 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Do you know about silicone pocket bibs? We love them. The baby drops food or drink and it simply lands in the pocket. Brilliant. The baby can even learn to pick up food from the bib and give it another go.

Those often don’t fit well around the neck so the baby gets dirty. If you have a messy eater you need a cloth bib.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Those often don’t fit well around the neck so the baby gets dirty. If you have a messy eater you need a cloth bib.

Cloth gets too gross for me. At Target I found close fitting long sleeved smock bibs that can easily be hosed off. Works well in conjunction with the pocket but I am often too lazy.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:56 pm
So, I’m the op of yesterday’s thread- looking for bibs for an intense drooled. I already vowed to iyh have a bib gemach when I’m done with the about $150 worth of bibs. I also ordered dentist bibs, I want to try that over regular bibs- so that’s gets the bulk and thick bib can last longer.

simcha2

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:01 pm
I liked these when I had toddlers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f0ec6

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:04 pm
Zubree Toddler Bib - Thick as a Hand Towel, Ultra-Absorbent Cotton, Comfortable, Large Coverage, Tug-Proof Snaps (18mo-5y)

I ordered this from Amazon. It runs a little big but saves on the mess!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:05 pm
I actually did try silicone bibs and, like another poster said, they gap at the neck. Food and water also slide right off and make an even bigger mess.
I really want something absorbent. The green sprouts bibs actually don't look to bad, I'm currently using the infant version. I like being able to throw the bibs in the washing machine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics