Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What to choose first when putting in a new kitchen?
Previous  1  2

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:02 pm
I used Lusso in Boro park.
Was very happy with their quality.
The girl that works there knows her stuff very very well.
The only thing I would tell you is that it is a high end kitchen, (they work with your budget though) an di found that with appliances I needed to do a litter higher end because of the ‘look’ of the kitchen.
I have my kitchen for 7 years already (with bh a lot of cooking and children in the house) and bli ayin hara it looks like it was put in yesterday.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think both Rachel Gross and Chaya Friedman are Monsey people, both probably more used to doing huge Monsey kitchens.

Im in Brooklyn and Id prefer working with someone in Brooklyn, and my kitchen is smallish.

I tried doing my layout with a designer and wasn't happy. I ended up having my layout done where I did my kitchen. My experience from shopping around is that kitchen ppl know kitchen layouts best. I had a basic idea what I wanted and the kitchen ppl worked around that. Not everything was doable but for the most part it worked out.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:07 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I used Lusso in Boro park.
Was very happy with their quality.
The girl that works there knows her stuff very very well.
The only thing I would tell you is that it is a high end kitchen, (they work with your budget though) an di found that with appliances I needed to do a litter higher end because of the ‘look’ of the kitchen.
I have my kitchen for 7 years already (with bh a lot of cooking and children in the house) and bli ayin hara it looks like it was put in yesterday.

I know somebody that very recently had a kitchen done by lusso. They are very high end and that's why I didn't go with them cuz I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money. I have a big kitchen and it would've costed me a fortune. But they do a gorgeous job!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:13 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I know somebody that very recently had a kitchen done by lusso. They are very high end and that's why I didn't go with them cuz I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money. I have a big kitchen and it would've costed me a fortune. But they do a gorgeous job!

If youre looking for modern. Im looking for transitional, bordering on traditional.

Am I the only one planning on putting in a transitional, bordering on traditional, kitchen in the year 2020?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If youre looking for modern. Im looking for transitional, bordering on traditional.

Am I the only one planning on putting in a transitional, bordering on traditional, kitchen in the year 2020?

Not at all. I was gonna do untill I made my decision to go with formica. Formica theres really only one way to go. I was very undecided between wood and formica. One day it was wood the next day formica. But I did know that when wood was on, it was traditional all the way. Not even bordering transitional.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think both Rachel Gross and Chaya Friedman are Monsey people, both probably more used to doing huge Monsey kitchens.

Im in Brooklyn and Id prefer working with someone in Brooklyn, and my kitchen is smallish.

Whatever you decide, hatzloucha. DH works in Brooklyn.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:11 am
I agree, layout is the most important and it’s best to use an experienced kitchen company that’s seen all the mistakes but will work with you

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:45 am
Whatever you decide, make sure to have enough electric outlets. DH said for years that when we'll do our own kitchen we'll make sure to designate a cabinet shelf for chargers. We insisted on outlets inside a cabinet for the cellphone and cordless phone chargers. As well as the iPod and dock chargers. For some odd reason we had to fight the contractor about it, though we regret not being on top of having enough outlets all over the kitchen too. For example, I cannot put my hot plate in my stove without an extension wire to reach a farther outlet. In the cabinet we now have 4 outlets, which are all full. If I would have a bugger kitchen, I would also place my hot water urn and toaster inside a cabinet.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do others agree that Benzion of Kitchen Connections has advantages over Mr Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

I currently live in a rental so no direct experience but I personally know a few people that were very happy with their kitchens from kitchen connections

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:55 am
Woodlake cabinets in Boro Park is the absolute best but very expensive.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 10:07 am
Once you get your layout, then you choose your cabinets.

Lita

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 4:09 pm
Can someone please post Rachel Gross contact number. TY

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 4:51 pm
"Modern" will eventually go out of style, and just look dated.

Traditional will always be classic, and it will appeal to all tastes.

Your best bet when doing a kitchen, is to look at it as if you were buying the house. How much would you be willing to pay for a kitchen like that? What little things would make you want to pay more? Even little things like cabinet pulls can make a huge impact.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for both recommendations.

For layout it doesnt matter, but for decor help, I want to mention that my taste runs to traditional or at most transitional, and I love granite even though decorators say its out of style.

I read that you can't put hot things directly on Quartz and some shitos say it can't be kashered depends what you hold by. So ask your Rov what is best especially if you want to kasher for pesach.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics