Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Lactation consultant specializing in tongue tie

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 11:52 pm
Hi I am looking for a lactation consultant in Brooklyn that has experience working with tongue tied babies.

Anyone have any leads? Thanks

Edited to add:

Baby’s tongue tie was already snipped and we are still struggling ! Thanks!

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 11:58 pm
Are you looking to revise or not? Some are very pro revision and some will help you compemsate?

losingweight

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:06 am
best thing to do is snip the tongue tie. Usually the feeding issues resolve on their own. Otherwise, my experience was tons of pain. It disappeared when the tongue was snipped.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:16 am
I already had baby’s tongue tie snipped and we are still struggling... thanks!

I just edited my original post to indicate this...

SYA

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:30 am
I’ve heard of Sara Chana Silberstein in Crown Heights. Don’t know her personally. Also Sarah Eichler.

A speech therapist with a feeding specialty may be able to help you. PM for a recommendation.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:40 am
Chaya Lighten in NJ is excellent. She is very knowledgeable in ties. She might work over zoom or possibly make a local referral.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 8:53 am
Can Here to say Chaya Lighten but I see her name was just mentioned. She was very helpful for us. She's located in Highland Park which is not too far from Brooklyn.
Craniosacral therapy was a game changer for us.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Can Here to say Chaya Lighten but I see her name was just mentioned. She was very helpful for us. She's located in Highland Park which is not too far from Brooklyn.
Craniosacral therapy was a game changer for us.

Who did you use for craniosacral therapy?

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:23 am
I also did cranio sacral therapy for my baby with a tongue tie. It was out of pocket though.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:49 am
Toungetiebabies insta.
Not Sarah Eichler

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:48 pm
I had this w a few of my kids
Just a "snip" is not necessarily a fix- babies practice swallowing in utero for months so they have already learnt to do it "wrong" and need to be retrained- lots of mouth exercises and stuff.
You will likely have to pump as well in the beginning to keep up your supply/supplement baby
I'm not in ny so my lactation consultant won't be helpful for you

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 1:54 pm
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Who did you use for craniosacral therapy?

Jackie Hines

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 8:40 pm
I used Pauline Nardella, she’s in Nanuet and took my insurance Fidelis. I also had issues even once the tongue was snipped. She really helped me. She specializes in tongue ties. I traveled to other top lactation consultants , but they really had no experience with tongue ties. One even told me he’s tongue tied, but it shouldn’t effect my nursing Banging head
I also used Zelda Trieger for craniosacral therapy which helped a lot. My son ended up having a bad case of reflux in addition to his tongue tie.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:16 pm
Rivky Schwartz is a world renowned lactation consultant. She's in the field for a few decades, and she's top of the line! Only (big!!) problem is that she's so hard to reach! Her phone is usually busy. keep calling like every hour until you get it to ring. Once you're on her caller ID she should call you back within a day or 2. She free to talk to over the phone, and charges if you come down for an official visit. She's in Boro Park. 718.851.9729

blessedmother2

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I already had baby’s tongue tie snipped and we are still struggling... thanks!

I just edited my original post to indicate this...

Could be feeding issues. My baby had his tongue and lip tie done and was still having issues. We went to a feeding therapist and she gave me exercises to do in his mouth to help him learn how to eat properly. Apparently he was not following the normal pattern of "suck, suck, swallow, breath" (repeat, etc).
Not sure if it fully helped, but he ended up growing out of whatever happened. Hatzalacha!

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:56 pm
blessedmother2 wrote:
Could be feeding issues. My baby had his tongue and lip tie done and was still having issues. We went to a feeding therapist and she gave me exercises to do in his mouth to help him learn how to eat properly. Apparently he was not following the normal pattern of "suck, suck, swallow, breath" (repeat, etc).
Not sure if it fully helped, but he ended up growing out of whatever happened. Hatzalacha!

This could've been a been a result of his tongue tie.

blessedmother2

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
This could've been a been a result of his tongue tie.

No it wasn't. We had the tongue and lip tie done and the issues remained. I was told there's no guarantee if fixing the tongue and lip tie will help, but if they do help we'll see a difference right away-which we didn't. Not even weeks later Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:38 pm
Thank you all for your responses !

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 12:19 pm
Bumping this up. Any lactation consultant in the Brooklyn area that specialize in tongue tie?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries