Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
If you wear Tichels (not pre tied)…
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:09 pm
Do you have to wear it with a wig grip so it doesn’t fall off? Any other tricks?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:11 pm
I wear wig grip because it slips and I'm very makpid that no here should show. My sisters n law don't wear them with a wig grip and their tichels can be 1/2 off....
Some brands make with a sewn in grip but it doesn't help much.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have to wear it with a wig grip so it doesn’t fall off? Any other tricks?

I always wear with a Wrapunzel shaper.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:12 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
I always wear with a Wrapunzel shaper.

Can I wear a shaper even if I tie the tichel like a pre tied and not wrapunzel style?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:12 pm
Usually a wig grip or shaper with velvet, but I have had some totally non slippery fabric ones that just stayed snug with nothing underneath.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:13 pm
Nope. Never with anything. Its too much for my head. I get migraines. I just tie it well and sometimes I will put clips on the front near my ears to hold it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:16 pm
I’m new to the tichel scene and previously tried wig grips with my shaitels with no success (do I use the combs in the shaitel to make them stay). Haven’t tried wig grips yet with tichels but I’m have a feeling they won’t work either and then I’ll be out of luck. My tichels keep falling off 😞

I assume a wrapunzel shaper adds volume? If so I don’t want to use it…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:16 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Nope. Never with anything. Its too much for my head. I get migraines. I just tie it well and sometimes I will put clips on the front near my ears to hold it.

Are the clips visible?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:28 pm
I didn't know how to use a wig grip properly either with a sheitel. My neighbor just gave me a hands on intro class and for the first time in years it actually doesn't kill.

I use wig grips all the time with tichels - works amazing!

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:30 pm
I have this velvet headband thing.
it Velcro's together on the bottem.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:38 pm
Delete

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m new to the tichel scene and previously tried wig grips with my shaitels with no success (do I use the combs in the shaitel to make them stay). Haven’t tried wig grips yet with tichels but I’m have a feeling they won’t work either and then I’ll be out of luck. My tichels keep falling off 😞

I assume a wrapunzel shaper adds volume? If so I don’t want to use it…

I am a tichel wearer. Try the wrapunzel cloud 9. It adds volume but just a bit and because of the way it sits on your head, the wraps stay on much better and nicer.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:43 pm
I use the velvety feel bands that velcro at bottom. I think mine is an old Milano brand. I also use hair gel if I'm going out to gel around the front of my hair and sides...it stops baby hair spilling out and also keeps grip on and scarf. My scarves don't move. And I mean don't move.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 2:53 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
I have this velvet headband thing.
it Velcro's together on the bottem.

That's a wig grip.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are the clips visible?
This was a few years ago but yes, I wore silver or black, depending on the color of the mitpachat.
I dont use anything at the moment.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 3:29 pm
I use nothing. But I don't ever use the shiny ones; I find that they slip. Also, while I hold by showing a small bit of hair in front, I don't do it. If I do, it will slip back for sure. Instead I tie it a bit below my hairline on my forhead, and it stays. I too find that wig grips give me headaches.

motherhoodbH

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 3:32 pm
Try half a square - company name. Haven't myself but have friends who claim they dont budge.
There is a patch of velvet material sewn onto the tichel.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 3:33 pm
maybe just sew a clip onto the tichel and clip it into your hair when you tie it. Put on the tichel and when you like the way it looks, put a stick pin to the part where you want the clip and sew it in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 4:05 pm
Thanks for all the ideas. I think I’m going to try the hair spray idea if the wig grip doesn’t work. I don’t want anything too complicated like sewing in anything or limiting myself to a particular brand of tichels.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 5:17 pm
motherhoodbH wrote:
Try half a square - company name. Haven't myself but have friends who claim they dont budge.
There is a patch of velvet material sewn onto the tichel.

Love half squares. I have four. I told a friend who has thing straight hair so everything falls off. She got the half squares and she's so happy. She bought 4 too
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels