Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help me parent with less pressure!

womanwithaplan

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 12:16 pm
I have four normal and adorable and sometimes difficult kids age 1-8. There's so much cleaning and childcare involved every day, I find myself spending so much time on the nitty gritty of running a functional household and being on top of kids to follow our basic routine.

Bh my kids get all their needs met along with plenty of love and attention from DH and myself. I love them to pieces yet at the end of the day of taking care of everyone and everything, I'm physically and emotionally DONE.

I wish parenting and keeping house could be a source of joy and energy for me instead of sucking out all my energy!!! That's the dream. Am I being unrealistic? Any tips and ideas?

To get the full picture, I currently don't work, have cleaning help, and do take time for self care. So it's not one of these that's missing...

Thanks in advance to all the lovely imas who will take the time to respond. Very Happy

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 4:47 pm
I hear you. I too, struggle with this as well.

I try to do minimal cleanup during the day and the big one at night.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 5:59 pm
So, so normal.

Have you blocked out any self care time?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 6:10 pm
I relate very much to everything u wrote.. I do work but currently part time, from home and semi low stress aside from peak seasons. And even with live in help I can’t help but feel drained and exhausted. And yes I bh take care if myself well! Don’t have solutions just wanted to say I relate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics