Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Gifts for gananot

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 11:18 pm
Somehow I missed the boat for the group gifts for the gananot, and today is the last day of gan. (Yes, I'm a bit last minute.) I would like to go out this morning to buy something for the ganenet and 2 sayaot. I would like to give something nice because my son has a bunch of food allergies and they did everything they could to include him (he also has a medical sayat), and I want to express my appreciation for that. Any ideas of a nice not too expensive gift that I can buy this morning and give them at pickup today?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:39 am
Would a set of good-quality towels be appropriate?
What about a nice clock?
A mug filled with candies?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

salt

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would a set of good-quality towels be appropriate?
What about a nice clock?
A mug filled with candies?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

All these ideas are nice. I would include a 'peteck hachlafa' so that they can exchange it if they want (not if it's the mug with candies).

This might come out more expensive, but a voucher for a shop could also be good - a bookstore (either Steimatsky, or a seforim store), or Fox-home, etc.

Did none of the parents collect money for a communal gift for the gananot?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:50 am
Are you in Israel?
Usually only a class gift is given, signed from all the class.. If you forgot to pay that fee, maybe you can still pass it on.

I wouldn't buy a special gift under normal circumstances, but since your son got special care, than it's a nice idea. Anything from a mainstream store she can exchange from, like Fox Home, Golf and Co, etc.

Is it a private gan? Not sure public gannenot are allowed to accept gifts. Although it probably won't be an issue.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:55 am
Also missed the boat. There was no class gift collection. Is it so terrible if I give in next few days? They’re continuing with the same staff for Keitanah…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 3:13 am
Yes, there was a communal gift, but as I wrote, I missed the boat. It is a gan ironi, but they are allowed to accept gifts. It's commonly done here.

A gift card is a nice idea, but I don't think I can give less than 100 shekel each that way, and there are 4 people I would have to give to so it adds up to a bit more than we can afford.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 3:15 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Also missed the boat. There was no class gift collection. Is it so terrible if I give in next few days? They’re continuing with the same staff for Keitanah…

I think it's fine. Here only one sayat and the medical sayat are continuing in the kaytana. The ganenet and the other sayat are not, so I want to give them something now.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 3:41 am
maybe a toy for their kids?
or you can drop off some danishes with ice coffee when you pick your child up,with a nice note.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 3:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, there was a communal gift, but as I wrote, I missed the boat. It is a gan ironi, but they are allowed to accept gifts. It's commonly done here.

A gift card is a nice idea, but I don't think I can give less than 100 shekel each that way, and there are 4 people I would have to give to so it adds up to a bit more than we can afford.

I didnt mean a gift card, I meant a little something from a store that can be exchanged. You can often get cute mugs for 12 nis at Fox Home, buy two of those, add something little, and you have a cute gift.

If you don't want them to exchange, and are not planning on including a receipt for exchange, then I would buy things like mugs/towels/potted plants. Things that are flexible in terms of personal taste. Most people don't mind having different mugs or towels. I wouldn't buy decor items as suggested above, like a clock, because everyone has different taste.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:38 am
Thanks a lot for all the ideas. Boruch Hashem I got something and sent it to gan just in time to catch the gananot before they left. I wrote a nice bracha with it too.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think it's fine. Here only one sayat and the medical sayat are continuing in the kaytana. The ganenet and the other sayat are not, so I want to give them something now.

Thanks OP. Helps me feel better. (And I'm impressed with your speed.)

I'm still working on gathering gift items/writing notes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers