Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Iso of dumb phone
1  2  Next

HakarasHatov

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:11 pm
Iso dumb phone with gps

And possibly whats app, it there such a thing?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 12:01 am
The lg tracphone. Its 30 dollars and you can buy it on the tracphone website or walmart.

It's a flip phone. You can add Waze on it.

I don't know how. But I took it to the TAG office and they did it.

Thw phone is a great phone. My daughter loves it.

I dont think you can have whatsapp on it.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:37 am
Kosher cellcom isn't a dumb phone but a neutered Android. No browser, preloaded apps.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:40 am
koshercell.org

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:44 am
TAG is coming out with a phone thats a flip phone but has WAZE, weather, smartlist and a few other preloaded apps.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 6:36 am
I went to a kosher cell phone store in Lakewood and it wasn’t hard to get.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 9:12 pm
What service do you have with the lg tracphone? And how much is it? TIA!!

jd1212

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 4:50 pm
Bump! We need to know as well. What’s TAG?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 4:58 pm
TAG = Technology Awareness Group. An international organization with chapter all over. They help people filter their devices. Ours also sells safe phones. They will not filter smart phones for high school kids and younger. Rabbi Nechemia (ben R' Dr. Dovid) Gottlieb heads it. He's based in Lakewood. (Let me just add, chol mi she'oskim btzarchei tzibbur be'emunah HKBH yeshalem secharam. To him and all who give their kochos.)

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 5:48 pm
We just switched to the TAG flip with Waze only. Very good. The only thing is Tmobile doenst work with the phone but all the other major services do. They are in the process of guiding me to get an inexpensive and reliable carrier instead of it,

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 5:57 pm
I got smartflip at@t phone in Walmart for $25
Tag "koshered" it and Cellular for Less store in Monsey +1 845-371-9400 sent a sim card and put on service for $20 a month unlimited text and call

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:03 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
I got smartflip at@t phone in Walmart for $25
Tag "koshered" it and Cellular for Less store in Monsey +1 845-371-9400 sent a sim card and put on service for $20 a month unlimited text and call

They can also mail out a flip phone for $60.

Ps. I get no commission lol, but am so grateful to them for being so so helpful and efficient and told me what to get myself without using them! I ended up having them mail me as it was the easiest.

jd1212

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:51 pm
Thank you!! DH wants to buy a dumb phone for after work hours to be more present with the family and put his smartphone in his desk for the night. I’m not familiar with any of this TAG stuff bc we’re MO Smile so please excuse my ignorance...

Could someone break it down super basic what you’d recommend we do? Ideally we wouldn’t go through his family’s existing plan because as silly as this sounds, I don’t want to bring phone plans up and have them give us the nudge to pay our own way, lol! Would it be way more expensive to start our own plan for the dumb phone instead of adding a line?

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:04 pm
You pay for the initial phone, either already "kosher" or bought from Walmart and "tagged".
Then a plan.
I've heard of a plan tello for $8 a month unlimited talk and text but not sure which phone that is compatible with

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:08 pm
jd1212 wrote:
Thank you!! DH wants to buy a dumb phone for after work hours to be more present with the family and put his smartphone in his desk for the night. I’m not familiar with any of this TAG stuff bc we’re MO Smile so please excuse my ignorance...

Could someone break it down super basic what you’d recommend we do? Ideally we wouldn’t go through his family’s existing plan because as silly as this sounds, I don’t want to bring phone plans up and have them give us the nudge to pay our own way, lol! Would it be way more expensive to start our own plan for the dumb phone instead of adding a line?

I didn’t want my 13 year old daughter to have a smart phone. I went to a kosher cell phone store and was able to buy her a refurbished flip phone for $20. They signed her her up for one of their plans for $9.99 a month! She only gets 500 minutes to talk and text but she doesn’t need more than that as she really uses her phone for safety when she’s out.
My mother also wanted a dumb phone and she called t- mobile. I think she signed up for a plan for $30 a month. It’s out there just not so popular.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:49 pm
Any ideas on how to keep current number? Looking to buy new basic phone with cheap plan and port number.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:57 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
Any ideas on how to keep current number? Looking to buy new basic phone with cheap plan and port number.

You can keep your number even if you go with a different company. Tell them you want to use your existing phone number.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
The lg tracphone. Its 30 dollars and you can buy it on the tracphone website or walmart.

It's a flip phone. You can add Waze on it.

I don't know how. But I took it to the TAG office and they did it.

Thw phone is a great phone. My daughter loves it.

I dont think you can have whatsapp on it.

How much is the monthly plan? If you use waze on it, do you need unlimited data? Also, if it's TAGged, does it void the warranty?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:10 pm
keep in mind if you just buy any LG flip phone, some might not be so easy to "TAG." so get the exact model and check on TAGs website or call them.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:24 pm
Just FYI, I don't have this service, but thinking of getting it, $5/month unlimited talk and text at https://hellomobile.com/register/plans
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics