Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
12 year old DD has stretch marks

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:20 pm
I never knew that adolescents can get stretch marks from either gaining weight or having a big growth spurt but apparently it is a thing. Anyone have experience with this? Does it go away?

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:27 pm
It's a genetic thing. AFAIK nothing you can do to prevent them. Extremely common.

You don't have to be overweight to get them. I know a thin man who has them on his back because grew in height very quickly as a teen.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:28 pm
Get vitamin E capsules. Have her break open a couple every night, and rub it into the stretch marks.

If you do it right away, it will help a lot. The longer you wait, the harder it is to get rid of them.

DD got the same thing at 12/13, and the vitamin E helped her. (Then she got lazy, and decided that she didn't care. She's very body positive. LOL )

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:30 pm
I am a size 4 and5”6 and have had them on my thighs all my life.
Is this question coming from you or from her? If from her, tell her she’s beautiful and normal and perfect, and buy her a lotion or oil if she wants. (They don’t work.)

If from you, you need to reevaluate your goals in life- beautify and perfection or modeling love and acceptance of self.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:31 pm
I think it's normal, I got as a teen. If she hasn't noticed or cared I wouldn't say anything, but if it bothers her, strataderm supposedly actually works. (DH used it after surgery, it helped with scarring. I used it during my first pregnancy and didn't get stretch marks.)

lovingmommy3417

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:35 pm
I was always skinny and didnt even have a huge growth spurt ever and I had stretch marks as a teen. Its definitely genetic. They never really went away, but they are nothing now compared to my tiger stripes I got from my kids!

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:51 pm
Please please have her checked for bartonella by an llmd!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics