Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
If you are a bais sura (bp) graduate
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:44 pm
I actually worked in the school many moons ago and did not like the school at all. I could not fathom what all the parents saw in the school that they chose to send there! And here I am, loving the place! They've changed for the better, though. The preschool used to have 35 girls in a class!

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:45 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I actually worked in the school many moons ago and did not like the school at all. I could not fathom what all the parents saw in the school that they chose to send there! And here I am, loving the place! They've changed for the better, though. The preschool used to have 35 girls in a class!

And the high school sadly to say has had close to 50 girls in a class recently

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:47 pm

Goodness!
Im an old mom there- I’m racking my brain to figure out who you are😝
But seriously- I was very upset during covid... my elementary student really could have gotten way more than she did- she got close to nothing

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Goodness!
Im an old mom there- I’m racking my brain to figure out who you are😝
But seriously- I was very upset during covid... my elementary student really could have gotten way more than she did- she got close to nothing

I appreciated the time off my children had. We got to spend time together and do family activities at home that we don't normally get to do.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 4:55 pm
I appreciated the time off my children had. We got to spend time together and do family activities at home that we don't normally get to do.

But that’s not something that beis sureh deserves credit for?! That was universal.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:02 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
But that’s not something that beis sureh deserves credit for?! That was universal.

I guess I realized how much I actually appreciated them. And tbh I was ok with how they handled the situation. Didn't need more.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:07 pm
I guess I realized how much I actually appreciated them. And tbh I was ok with how they handled the situation. Didn't need more.

I hear that
At the same time there were some children that desperately did want a bit more and got nothing- well she had a once a week unclear hotline that frustrated her!
It would have been nice if there was an optional track for those of us that for whatever reason needed it.

Look:
I have married daughters and little ones still there. I have a lot of hakoras hatov for the good. At the same time there are things that could use improvement too.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:24 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I hear that
At the same time there were some children that desperately did want a bit more and got nothing- well she had a once a week unclear hotline that frustrated her!
It would have been nice if there was an optional track for those of us that for whatever reason needed it.

Look:
I have married daughters and little ones still there. I have a lot of hakoras hatov for the good. At the same time there are things that could use improvement too.

There was a period where I was actually so frustrated with them that I even tried switching my girls to another school. I agree that they're not perfect. But at this point, I think I would even send my future DDs there, although very possibly not for preschool.
I guess I learned to be happy with what is, instead of looking for greener pastures. I am so grateful. My girls are doing so well there. Who says I'd be happier elsewhere.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:41 pm
There was a period where I was actually so frustrated with them that I even tried switching my girls to another school. I agree that they're not perfect. But at this point, I think I would even send my future DDs there, although very possibly not for preschool.
I guess I learned to be happy with what is, instead of looking for greener pastures. I am so grateful. My girls are doing so well there. Who says I'd be happier elsewhere.

💯 %

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:48 pm
I also think Rabbi Klein mellowed a bit in his old age....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
And the high school sadly to say has had close to 50 girls in a class recently

YUP! the grade 2 years younger than me had 50 girls in one class Sad

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 6:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OMG!
I had 28. The most we ever had was 31. That was in 3rd grade and it was way too much!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
OMG!
I had 28. The most we ever had was 31. That was in 3rd grade and it was way too much!

I had 37 at one point. (but 2 girls left, so we were back down to 35)
The grade above mine had 42/ 43...

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had 37 at one point. (but 2 girls left, so we were back down to 35)
The grade above mine had 42/ 43...

9th grade had 42 when I was in 11th or 12th, but I thought the split them for 10th grade because the teachers weren't managing. So they repeated the same mistakes?!?!

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Jul 02 2021, 6:41 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
9th grade had 42 when I was in 11th or 12th, but I thought the split them for 10th grade because the teachers weren't managing. So they repeated the same mistakes?!?!

Apparently
Our teachers weren’t managing with 36

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why would someone allow their kid to be 1/50 and not switch schools?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics