Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Finally a diet that WORKS for me!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:59 pm
Cspybe wrote:
It's only been 5 months so far (since I reached my target) but I am still going strong. Still maintaining so far.

It’s a miracle when you find what works for you! Congratulations!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I really want to try this diet, anyone else here try it? I need more convincing Wink

Me too! I'm tempted to try it. I do well with very strict plans

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:28 pm
Anyone else tried It? Can I do it while nursing?

Cspybe

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Anyone else tried It? Can I do it while nursing?

There is a breastfeeding program within the diet. I'm not sure if weight loss is as fast though

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:39 pm
Cspybe wrote:
There are a few options to follow, the strictest one is called 'nourish'.
That one is basically vegetables, protiens (no dairy) with an allowance of seeds and nuts, almond flour, an allowance of oils for cooking, 3 meals a day. with only vegetables allowed as a snack in between.
any carbs? What do U do shabbos? And any fruit aloud at all ? Is this portion controlled? Thank you!

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:43 pm
Cspybe wrote:
I've been dieting for the past 10 years. The truth is, every diet I stick to, helps me lose. But the weight loss is slow and I cave and slip up before I each my target. Once I'm off the wagon, it's so hard to get back on track. I've done slimming World, keto, weight watchers, dukan, you name it. Yes, I lost weight on all those, but as soon as I went off plan, I shot right back up to my starting weight, plus plus.

8 months ago, I discovered Sharny and Julius online. I searched imamother and can't see any mention of it. At first I was skeptical. It's a super strict regime. Very limited food. But for $47 one off charge for lifetime membership I decided to give it a go. Surprise surprise, I was never hungry on it! And almost never felt tempted to 'cheat'. I lost 51 pounds in 16 weeks! And kept it down for the past 5 months. I might go back on to the program fully for another round of 8 weeks to try lose another 15 pounds.

Just thought I'd put this out there if this would help anyone.
Because something else works for everyone.

Why does this sound like an ad?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 5:45 pm
Cspybe wrote:
I've been dieting for the past 10 years. The truth is, every diet I stick to, helps me lose. But the weight loss is slow and I cave and slip up before I each my target. Once I'm off the wagon, it's so hard to get back on track. I've done slimming World, keto, weight watchers, dukan, you name it. Yes, I lost weight on all those, but as soon as I went off plan, I shot right back up to my starting weight, plus plus.

8 months ago, I discovered Sharny and Julius online. I searched imamother and can't see any mention of it. At first I was skeptical. It's a super strict regime. Very limited food. But for $47 one off charge for lifetime membership I decided to give it a go. Surprise surprise, I was never hungry on it! And almost never felt tempted to 'cheat'. I lost 51 pounds in 16 weeks! And kept it down for the past 5 months. I might go back on to the program fully for another round of 8 weeks to try lose another 15 pounds.

Just thought I'd put this out there if this would help anyone.
Because something else works for everyone.

can it be done in pregnancy?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 6:20 pm
Looks so interesting! Thnk you!

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 10:57 am
OP just bumped this thread to say thank you!! been searching on imamother for a diet like this and am really tempted to give it a try, I hope dh would allow me to spend the $50 since were a bit tight right now, but my clothes are tight too!! Can't Believe It LOL

momallhours

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 5:08 pm
Bumping this up did anyone try it?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:05 pm
Yes. Been on it since pesach. Lost around 12lb so far.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:39 pm
OP, Congratulations! You're an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 2:52 pm
how can I sign up for this diet any links I try to log in doesnt go thank you

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 3:01 pm
Wonder if Cspybe is still around on Imamother to let us know if she's kept the weight off long term and still thinks the program is great.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 9:29 pm
Want to try this now. Anyone else tried it? Did it work for you? How much did you lose?

meeze

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 5:37 pm
Bumping this up.
Anyone else tried and lost?

Cspybe

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Wonder if Cspybe is still around on Imamother to let us know if she's kept the weight off long term and still thinks the program is great.

Just noticed this! I'm not on imam other daily.

I won't lie, I've had some ups and downs. As with every diet, when I go completely off plan, I gain the weight back. A few months ago I gained back over 10 pounds. I did another reboot round of 8 weeks and lost it all, plus some more. I'm at my lowest weight now since my first baby was born. Total weight loss 70lbs

I still think the program is great, mostly because I see results so fast that it keeps me motivated. Also because I feel amazing and highly energetic while on the plan. I'm not 100% strict now, I let myself go loose sometimes but weigh in every week and as. Soon as I see a gain, even slight, I go back to being super strict.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:03 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Want to try this now. Anyone else tried it? Did it work for you? How much did you lose?

I owe it to this thread to post. I was 40 pounds over my regular weight, accumulated over 4years and feeling sad and horrible. I tried so many diets including, but not limited to the slow carb diet, Atkins, rosemary conley, the fast metabolism diet you name it. I was desperate. I wasn't losing and def nothing significant. I have PCOS and got really depressed that this was here to stay. I'm slightly over 40 and got scared what my 50 would look like. I was looking for reviews about noom as another desperate attempt, when I came across this post in August, a month before a wedding. My maternity clothes no longer fit (I was not pregnant!) And at this low I was beside myself. I seriously was embarrassed to walk into a store. I started the diet weighing in every day (I know I shouldnt, but that's how I am...). I couldn't believe my eyes! I was on the nursing program and even that I wasn't perfect. I ate nuts and Tahini instead of choosing one....I ate a whole sweet potato, instead of a cup, and ate a whole Avocado. I didn't really cheat on fruit though, maybe once a week... otherwise I was strict. I did my water, stopped eating at 5:30-6 latest and did my exercise every night. I also got my 7-8 hours of sleep a night. By 2.5 weeks I was down 19 pounds!!!! 22 pounds by the wedding at 4 weeks! After that I was on and off the diet but sticking to exercise for the next 2-3 weeks. I lost in total 29 pounds! I need to get myself together and go back on to finish my last 11 pounds, but I am a new person. I benched you every time I got on the scale, it should be a zechus for you! I could not believe I finally found something that really really works. I thank Hashem every day, it was truly a chesed and new lease on life!

I did breastfeeding nourish while feeding a totally nursing baby. I didn't believe it when Sharney said it but it was true, somehow my milk production increased! I know this all sounds made up, but there is no referral benefits, I'm saying it become I'm so grateful for the one who posted it and helped me.

Side benefit was heart palpitations and weird feelings ive been having since covid went away too. That can be from diet, weight loss or combined but I am bH so grateful!

The other upside is beginnings are hard and full of questions. They answered my emails within an hour or two or sooner even at 4am!!!

Warning is that the language in the exercise videos isn't always the cleanest for my standards, so you might want to watch it without your kids around...

I need to get on again and lose some more. You have it for life so I know I can on it again when I'm at a time that allows me to focus on it. I hope to lose more and be lower than I ever was, but even another 11 pounds would be more than I can believe! It was definitely cheaper than a new wardrobe! I'm so glad I didn't just give up and accept it, as my family and friends sweetly recommended!

I know I'm rambling but I figured if I don't just write I won't get to it....so as for your question, does it work, YES! Did I lose, YES! Is it worth the money, YES, YES,and YES!
Hatzlocha!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:59 pm
What is the premise of the diet? Is it extreme calorie restriction? Are the exercises "super duper"? How does it work?

I would love to try it, but everything I've ever been on left me HUNGRY.

How did you deal with hunger?

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 8:14 pm
To be honest, it is hard but motivating. I did it with my daughter (who also lost!) And it makes a huge difference. We challenged ourselves to change up the food and keep it creative (almond covered shnitzel....) and fun. Food is mostly protein, I ate 3 full eggs with salad and tahini for breakfast, a salad and protein (I didn't measure, just did a normal portion protien) for lunch and supper with sweet potato or similar squashes as well. But for reference, when I did Atkins I lost 1 pound in 2 weeks....
The nuances are important (don't eat after 6 - intermittent fasting, lots of greens is important for moving metabolism so dont cut that back check theblist for which vegetablesare ok, drink your water throughout the day....)
The exercises are clear and easy to follow with no fancy equipment (aside for my broom- not kidding!) It was doable and is a build up. The daily stretches and exercises (that you do each day) took me approx 15-20 min and then a specific exercise for the day usually another 5-max 10 min. My kids did it with me and cheered me on. It was fun, really hard, but rewarding.
There is a Facebook group that is supportive as well but I don't have Facebook. I found it very motivating because my scale and body image rewarded.

HOWEVER, my friend did it and only lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks BECAUSE, no matter what I said, she ate breakfast at 1pm or later, she always ate late at night, never ate a portion and ate through the day, and skipped nights of exercise.
If you are doing it, do it all the way to see results, if not your torturing yourself without getting the results....

Hope this helps! Hatzlocha!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise