Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp kol torah packing question
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:07 pm
No my boys never packed mattress toppers.
You can pack noodle soups but the director is very against it lol 😂 Nothing will be done to your son of he has, just this gets added to emails as something he discourages as he really thinks boys should be eating the nutritious camp food.
You can't send cases of Gatorade on the bus, as an fyi. They sell in the canteen. Make sure anything you pack is nut free. My son looked to bring MiO or something similar to add into water to flavor it. Some snacks but not a lot, he did use the canteen plenty. My husband bribed my boys that for every time they brushed their teeth (max twice a day), bed give an extra dollar for canteen 🤪

My son used a fleece blanket instead of a comforter in camp to save packing space. And for sure sneakers are ok at this age. Definitely, definitely, definitely. My son broke out his new loafers for yeshiva when he started Yeshiva, he never owned before.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 2:46 pm
thanks for the reply.
so what would you suggest as a normal amount and types of foods that boys bring. I keep saying that he doesn't need anything since we will send canteen money, but he wants to make sure to have what others have.....
what weight fleece blanket do you send?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 3:43 pm
The Kohl's Big One throws 🙂
My son brought a 36" duffel and a large suitcase. They were full with everything he brought, so after packing the essentials, whatever space is left is good for nosh. Crackers, pretzels, beef jerky as a treat, Pringles, the soups, a big bag of generic junky cereal, gum, and probably some chocolate....I don't really remember as my son is into picking out his own junk and I'd rather not think so much into what he's packing because it grosses me out!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 5:46 pm
he used the throw by itself or with the camp's blanket? is a throw warm enough alone?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 5:49 pm
Itself and he was fine. It's an inside dorm, not a cabin in the Catskills... Frequently at home in the summer he doesn't use a comforter either.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 6:48 pm
Forgot to post the robe my son has:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M.....psc=1
He got it when he was wearing a size 12. Still wearing it when he is in size 14.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 7:40 pm
I was looking at terry robes with hoods, is that no good. what you have looks more like a velour cozy robe...?

Hashem Yaazor, you are very helpful!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:45 pm
Terry is perfectly fine. My son wanted something cozier for himself but most boys probably have terry 😃

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 9:21 pm
Not completely on topic but hope it’s ok to ask here…
Is there a nurse to administer daily meds for adhd?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:27 pm
I also have the questions about meds....I was hoping that a nurse or Dr wuold contact me with procedure, but have yet to hear.

Also, how many hats do they take...I was thinking just his weekday hat?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 10:21 am
Yes just take one hat.

No idea about meds, sorry.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:12 pm
what do they wear going up to camp the first day...white shirt and regular pants or sports pants and t shirt or ...?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I also have the questions about meds....I was hoping that a nurse or Dr wuold contact me with procedure, but have yet to hear.

Also, how many hats do they take...I was thinking just his weekday hat?

You need to reach out to their nurse on your own. Most camps ask for DoseTrak boxes to be sent for meds.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:03 pm
how does one reach the nurse?

what do boys wear on the first day?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how does one reach the nurse?

what do boys wear on the first day?

Call the camp office and ask to speak to the nurse.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 4:52 pm
Their camp clothing at least at this age.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 5:21 pm
so tiros and t shirt?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 6:20 pm
Yup

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 10:11 am
Hi all. Kol Torah was great last year and thanks to all your help with answering my questions.
Now my son is in 9th grade, so the dress code I am assuming has changed a bit. Last year he wore school pants that could be sent to the camp laundry for davening/learning, but this year he wears dress pants which can not. Interestingly, he said that he wore his white shirts and school pants the whole morning for davening, breakfast, learning, and to play small sports during morning recess. So, how many dress pants and white shirts would you suggest sending? I asked him, and all I got is a shrug which is so not helpful. I was thinking one pair of pants and two shirts per week?

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all. Kol Torah was great last year and thanks to all your help with answering my questions.
Now my son is in 9th grade, so the dress code I am assuming has changed a bit. Last year he wore school pants that could be sent to the camp laundry for davening/learning, but this year he wears dress pants which can not. Interestingly, he said that he wore his white shirts and school pants the whole morning for davening, breakfast, learning, and to play small sports during morning recess. So, how many dress pants and white shirts would you suggest sending? I asked him, and all I got is a shrug which is so not helpful. I was thinking one pair of pants and two shirts per week?

Hi,
Thanks to all the imas who replied - very helpful
My son is going to kol Torah for the first time this year, and I didn’t get a packing list yet.
Does anyone know when packing list comes? Did I miss something?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps