Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Scrapbooking

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 8:46 pm
I thought it would be nice to do some scrapbooking with my kids this summer since they will be home for most of it. it's a toddler, an early elementary school student who is very creative and likes to do 3 d things so not sure how it'll work, and a middle schooler who enjoys crafting. does anyone have any suggestions of what type of scrapbooks to get. thinking for the toddler I might just use paper but for the older ones I think it would be nicer to use something sturdier.

is there a particular scrap book that isn't too expensive or big or anything that you recommend? I see that you could also get a kit. Are they worth it? which one would you recommend?

Thank you!

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:27 am
Check out amazing savings. They should have a well priced nice assortment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:07 am
live OOT so don't think there is an amazing savings around here but thank you. It was nice when I had it.
Does anyone have have any online suggestions?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:22 am
You can get looseleafs /binders with plastic page protectors and then purchase card stock in that size for the background. Don’t bother with kits. Get tons of supplies like stickers, alphabet stickers so they could spell titles (if old enough to spell) markers, shape punchers all kinds of paper, solid and patterned , strong adhesive, different types of ribbons and buttons etc.
I’m an avid scrapbooker and have had my kids make scrapbooks as I worked on my own. My boys loved doing it until about age 11.
Oriental tradings has some supplies.

We always worked on the page first and only once completed does it get inserted into the plastic protector of the album.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:29 am
I would get a designated scrapbook album, 10"x10". Something like this, but I'm sure you can find for less. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....psc=1

You can sometimes find scrapbooking supplies at dollar and discount stores, such as cardstock, washi tape, and stickers.

Check crafting stores, such as Jo-Ann's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Blick.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:54 am
Thanks so much both of you for the advice!

yeah. had just decided with my girls to go the looseleaf route. when saw these posts

Amelia bedelia may I ask why you suggest a real scrapbook vs a looseleaf?

I'm hoping a looseleaf will works for my middle daughter who likes to make everything 3d, not sure... but I guess she can just wholepunch her stuff instead.

is there a specific type of adhesive I should be buying?
what size looseleaf thunderstorm- just a regular one or should I go smaller like 10x10.

my oldest is 11 Wink but she's crafty so she enjoys this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:07 am
do you have a link to shape whole puncher your recommend?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:29 am
I think it’s easiest to find paper that is either 12x12 (which is the standard scrapbook size) or a regular letter size paper which I think is 8.5x11. So depending on what size paper, you need a binder to fit that size.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:32 am
Kids punchers:
https://www.amazon.com/Craftin.....psc=1

I like double sided tape for photos , ribbon, buttons etc.
you can use regular stick glue for the paper.
https://www.amazon.com/Double-.....=8-16

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:35 am
You can also use stencils and markers to save on purchasing an abundance of stickers.
https://www.amazon.com/DEPEPE-.....psc=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children