Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller for Israel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 7:08 pm
Hi! We'll be going to e"y soon (yes we can get in BH!)
Looking for stroller help. I dont want to bring my bugaboo fox bc I am nervous it'll get damaged and its quite large.
I am bringing my doona as a carseat.

I want to get a light stroller to bring for vacation. We don't travel much. I also want something that pushes nicely in eretz yisroel (+old city + steps). This stroller will also be something I can use for quick errands as my baby outgrows her doona. The bugaboo I really use on Shabbat/day trips.

Someone recommended the uppababy minu, bugaboo ant/lynx, yoyo or Baby JoggerCity Tou 2 Stroller.

I have a gift card to buy buy baby. Im not concerned about price.

Any tips? Advice to share?

Window

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 8:25 pm
The minu won’t do well on uneven sidewalks.
Why not the City Mini? It’s not a travel stroller, but it’s on the lighter side, folds small, and the wheels should be good enough for the stone sidewalks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:12 pm
qwertyqwerty wrote:
The minu won’t do well on uneven sidewalks.
Why not the City Mini? It’s not a travel stroller, but it’s on the lighter side, folds small, and the wheels should be good enough for the stone sidewalks

thx! ill check it out
any other suggestions?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:20 pm
I would try to get one that folds small enough to fit in the overhead compartment, like the mountain buggy nano or the bugaboo ant, so that your brand new stroller doesn’t get ruined by the baggage crew. I haven’t tried the nano specifically, but I’ve had 2 other mountain buggies and they both push like a dream.

Window

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:23 pm
I haven’t yet been on a plane that allows you to put a stroller overhead. I have the mountain buggy Nano and they always make me gate check it. The mountain buggy Nano has tiny wheels and won’t do well on stone sidewalks

Teomima

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:26 am
qwertyqwerty wrote:
I haven’t yet been on a plane that allows you to put a stroller overhead. I have the mountain buggy Nano and they always make me gate check it. The mountain buggy Nano has tiny wheels and won’t do well on stone sidewalks

I've put the nano in the overhead compartment. I've also gate checked it (wrapped in the carry case it comes with) with no damage.

I've had no trouble using it in Jerusalem for the last four years. Still in great shape.

I would not being a stroller, any stroller, into the old city. Way too many stairs. Just use a baby carrier.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 3:13 am
I love my Maclaren Techno XT because it goes up most stairs forwards, so no schlepping a stroller backwards up a flight of stairs. It's also narrow and doesn't take up too much room on buses and in narrow store aisles, like a makolet. The wheels are great and it closes well and fits easily into the trunk of a car. I use it in the Old City all the time!

It's going to be very hot using a baby carrier everywhere but it is a good idea to have one for certain trips.

Ridethewaves

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:04 am
I’ve seen a lot of Yoyo strollers lately. Very light weight and narrow. Wheels are better than cybex or uppababy. Personally I like city mini gt because of the wheels on stairs, stone, even off road (on the beach!) but does have down side of not showing baby much and if you lean it down it’s easier to tip (really hard on the bus).

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:22 am
The b citi mini GT is great here. It has nicer wheels and an adjustable handlebar. My sister is happy with the Yoyo, but she is petite.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:27 am
Citi mini GT hands down!!! (Been using mine for years here- it's amazing!!)

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:45 am
Back in the day we made the mistake of using uppababy Cruz in old city. Wayyy to heavy and clunky with all the stairs. Now we bring yoyo (and yes also use baby carrier) and just carry it up and down the stairs

Rabbit613

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:32 pm
You'll be much more comfortable with your bugaboo. You know that your baby is comfortable. It is a huge shlep to bring it but it might be worth it. In the past when I travelled with my bugaboo I got the stroller carrier from bugaboo. It's like a huge siutcase that the stroller goes into. This protects it and you don't need to worry about damage. I have also travelled with the yoyo it's compact and easy but not too comfortable for the baby.

polished

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:54 pm
Yo yo all the way. By far the best travel stroller
I have one and a fox.
The doona is not enough for old city. No suspension

Amd ive taken my yo-yo a number of times on the plane

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 3:21 pm
I have the silver cross wing. It's a cheaper version of the yo yo, looks great and is super lightweight. Love using it here in Israel. And it fits in the overhead compartment.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 3:27 pm
Yo-yo! It fits in the overhead compartment and has a nice stroll. The newer model has a big basket too.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
I love my Maclaren Techno XT because it goes up most stairs forwards, so no schlepping a stroller backwards up a flight of stairs. It's also narrow and doesn't take up too much room on buses and in narrow store aisles, like a makolet. The wheels are great and it closes well and fits easily into the trunk of a car. I use it in the Old City all the time!

It's going to be very hot using a baby carrier everywhere but it is a good idea to have one for certain trips.

I have a Maclaren Techno XT too, and it went with me to E"Y when DD was 18 months old. It was easy and went everywhere, including the old city, and down the stairs to the Kotel, etc.....One other thing that was great about it is that it reclines fully, and DD napped in it plenty too....

StrongMomma

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:06 pm
Rabbit613 wrote:
You'll be much more comfortable with your bugaboo. You know that your baby is comfortable. It is a huge shlep to bring it but it might be worth it. In the past when I travelled with my bugaboo I got the stroller carrier from bugaboo. It's like a huge siutcase that the stroller goes into. This protects it and you don't need to worry about damage. I have also travelled with the yoyo it's compact and easy but not too comfortable for the baby.

I agree- I actually got the Fox specifically for Israel because it pushes so well and is great for steps. It's not lightweight like the Yoyo, but it's much sturdier and works way better for the steep hills and endless steps in Israel.
If you have the space to bring it, it would be very helpful. Even if you don't have the carrier, you can check it by the gate.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:15 am
ty everyone!
money is tight now until my next paycheck so I dont think we'll get the yoyo

I found a used travel bag on ebay for like 50$ so im not sure if we should schlep the bugaboo or my SIL told me I can use her 'sportsline'. Any israelis hear of that brand? What does it compare to?
Or maybe ill borrow a citi miny from the stroller gemach
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics