Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tell me about your out of town community

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:39 am
We're looking to relocate---please share with me what you love about your out of town community. We're looking for an affordable, sincere community, with schools/yeshivas for all ages as basic starting blocks...
Thanks so much, all info is valuable and really appreciated!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:30 am
It would help if you could share whether you are looking for jobs in a particular industry, what kind of religious community you want, and what kind of housing budget you have.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:00 pm
We work remotely, so not looking for employment options.
More concerned about personality of community, schools/yeshivas, housing, etc

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We work remotely, so not looking for employment options.
More concerned about personality of community, schools/yeshivas, housing, etc

Great. But without a sense of where you are religiously or financially, no one can offer helpful advice. What kinds of schools/yeshivas? What kind of housing? The women on this site are incredibly generous with their expertise, but you have to give them something to work with.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:38 pm
Neutral chasidish

I think it would be very beneficial to hear about various communities regardless of any specific parameters. Thx so much

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:41 pm
A lot of people are moving to Florida

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:03 pm
Come to Chicago! We have a really warm, diverse community that has grown a lot in the past couple of years with plenty of school and shul options, very decent pricing on housing, great kosher shopping and eating, many chesed organizations. Overall, all the in-town amenities with an OOT vibe.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:35 pm
There's out of town and there's out of town..

For example, schools. Some oot communities have just 1 day school that is coed. Are you OK with that? Some only have elementary schools need to send their kids away to high school or yeshiva.

If you give some specifics as to what you ate looking for, I think you will get more detailed responses.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Come to Chicago! We have a really warm, diverse community that has grown a lot in the past couple of years with plenty of school and shul options, very decent pricing on housing, great kosher shopping and eating, many chesed organizations. Overall, all the in-town amenities with an OOT vibe.

While what you have written is correct, OP says that they are "Neutral chasidish". Chicago has virtually no such people. While there is a chassidish cheder & 2 chassidish kollelim, there are almost no chassidim here other than those associated with those institutions.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:11 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
While what you have written is correct, OP says that they are "Neutral chasidish". Chicago has virtually no such people. While there is a chassidish cheder & 2 chassidish kollelim, there are almost no chassidim here other than those associated with those institutions.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what's "neutral chassidish"? I genuinely don't know.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:

What do you consider “very decent pricing on housing?” I have family who lives in Chicago and always heard about how expensive housing is.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:26 pm
There are very few real out of town communities with a real chassidish community. Baltimore I believe has one. Rabbi Kostelitz in Detroit has a chassidish kollel, but unsure how many actual chassidish people there are there. And neither of those places has a chassidish school.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:27 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
What do you consider “very decent pricing on housing?” I have family who lives in Chicago and always heard about how expensive housing is.

I wrote "decent" and not "amazing" for a reason Wink Certainly very decent compared to NY prices Wink (where I assume OP is coming from)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating