Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New tenants trying to move in already
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Petra

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:42 pm
Any more lurking or harassments and I would call the police. They should be ashamed of themselves and their behavior. They know better. All the more frustrating and disappointing that they are Jews.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:53 pm
In this particular case, I would call the police if the tenant or landlord came on the property again and start bothering you. You have legal rights to use the space until the end of your lease.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:05 pm
Ask the landlord to kindly give up his parking spot in the driveway for the new tenant!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:07 pm
Do you have a real written lease document? Or did you rely on the fellow Jew wouldn't hurt me theory?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:16 pm
what state is this?

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:17 pm
I would stand outside videoing them being creepy on your property.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Do you have a real written lease document? Or did you rely on the fellow Jew wouldn't hurt me theory?

We have a real lease. As does the new tenant. The dates are back and white.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So inform your landlord that if the new tenant does not get off your rightfully leased property until their start date, you will be calling the police.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:29 pm
I would 100% call the police. They're trespassing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:30 pm
Thankfully they've left for now. I do have a Ring camera. If they return, I'm going to be a lot less nice than I've been today. Thanks everyone.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thankfully they've left for now. I do have a Ring camera. If they return, I'm going to be a lot less nice than I've been today. Thanks everyone.

I would also tell the landlord that the harassment has had such an effect on you, you haven’t been able to continue packing, so in fact you might need to stay there an EXTRA week or so!

shanie5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:35 pm
Are they possibly waiting to see when you leave and your car isn't in the driveway to move their storage container in? Seems like they feel entitled to the space.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:38 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
if they're Jewish, then try to avoid getting police involved unless it's a matter of safety. What they're doing is not not right.

OP is still entitled to her privacy.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:39 pm
anonymrs wrote:
If it wouldn't be so totally creepy and bizarre, it's kind of hilarious.
I would take pics and videos just for evidence, in case this gets any worse. I feel bad for You that this is what you have to deal with together with the stress you already have that often comes along with moving. Good luck!

It's a good idea. Actually showing up with the camera or phone can already scare them off.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, everyone involved is Jewish. Landlord and new tenant are also the same nationality. I wonder if that's why they seem to be very in tune with each other.

Not sure about calling the police. I guess they could make the not-yet tenant go away, but the property does, of course, belong to the landlord.

If you have a legal contract then the property belongs to the landlord but his rights are limited. After all you’re leasing it. I would definitely call the cops.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok yes, I would definitely get law enforcement involved.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:07 pm
This behavior is terrible. Heads up, OP, I’d be prepared to need to fight to get security deposit back and anything else you might be expecting.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are moving in 3 weeks. Since giving notice 2 months ago that we'd be out by the end of July, we've had prospective tenants coming by to see the place, which is fine, obviously the landlord needed to line up the next tenant. He signed a lease with the next people about a month ago, for August 1st. The new tenants have since come by a few times to measure stuff, which again, fine, I get they want to figure out where their furniture is going to go.

The last couple of weeks, however, they've been getting increasingly demanding. They wanted us to clear out an outdoor shed as well as one closet inside the house so they could start bringing some of their things. I said no. Then a few days ago, they asked us to relinquish the use of our driveway for the remained of our time here so they could park a storage container there. I said no.

Today I got a nasty call from the landlord saying he was going to start eviction proceedings if I don't cave to the new tenants. I laughed and told him go ahead and good luck with that. We own our new home, already closed, so an "eviction" can't hurt us. Anyway, an eviction procedure takes a lot longer than 3 weeks. I reminded him that our lease does not end until July 31, and we're actually doing him a favor that we'll be out by the 27th. But until the 27th, we are legally the tenants here and we don't owe anyone anything other than keeping the space in good condition and leaving it broom clean once we're out. He and the new tenant are now camping out on the lawn and peeking in the windows and it's really creepy and weird and I'm not sure what to do now.

CALL THE POLICE

I would get a pitbull or Doberman pincher or other vicious dog for the front yard but thats just me

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
if they're Jewish, then try to avoid getting police involved unless it's a matter of safety. What they're doing is not not right.

Thats what all these idiots rely on..

CALL THE POLICE

IF YOU WANT JEWISH LAWS.... THEN YOU HAVE TO ACT JEWISH D** IT

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 5:35 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I would stand outside videoing them being creepy on your property.

And then what? Hope that makes them uncomfortable enough to stop?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating