Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why, why WHY don't you keep your sick kids at home?!
Previous  1  2  3

shiffycc

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 10:26 pm
amother wrote:
shiffycc wrote:
amother wrote:
When I call up to explain why I am keeping my son home, the school demands I send him even with a fever.

Don't get it...that's just weird. But whatever, if that's what they WANT you to do, go ahead. Just be happy that you don't need to stay home with them.
OTOH, id want a really good explanation from the school wyhy that's ok....???

A boy needs to learn night and day.

Should I assume that was meant to be sarcastic???

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 20 2012, 5:53 am
shiffycc wrote:
amother wrote:
shiffycc wrote:
amother wrote:
When I call up to explain why I am keeping my son home, the school demands I send him even with a fever.

Don't get it...that's just weird. But whatever, if that's what they WANT you to do, go ahead. Just be happy that you don't need to stay home with them.
OTOH, id want a really good explanation from the school wyhy that's ok....???

A boy needs to learn night and day.

Should I assume that was meant to be sarcastic???
I sincerely hope so.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:44 pm
marina wrote:
sweetness, just because you and your husband can figure out how to make ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS, doesn't really mean everyone else can.

Some people are single parents and don't have husbands who help us figure things out. Some people don't have the money for a babysitter. For some people, their job is all that's between them and homelessness. Some of us don't have family or friends who are sitting at home waiting to babysit our child. Some of us have children who tell us they are sick five minutes before we leave for day care and we can't be late for work.

Stop judging.

I know, I know, pot calling the kettle black. Well, whatever, Kabel es haEmes miMi sheAmro.
sorry but im a daycare teacher and no your wrong yes its tough but think if you find it tough so will all the mothers including you when I catch whatever your child has and cant come in and if you send to a center sure they will find a sub and its all good except that now you got the teacher in trouble that what you want also try to imagine takeing care of 7other kids plus a sick cranky child if you send your child sick your mean plain and simple and just so you know its very easy to tell if your child had tylonol or motrin and if someone else gets sick I tell that pa Twisted Evil rent who the culprit is Hiding Hiding Hiding

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 12:54 pm
This thread is almost 10 years old.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:39 pm
That is OK nothing changed there are still parents who send their sick kids to school

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:42 pm
GLUE wrote:
That is OK nothing changed there are still parents who send their sick kids to school

Still interesting to reply to someone about a comment she made a decade ago.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:35 pm
these things don't change and it's sad. my coworker came to work sick the other day and I was like REALLY???????

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:37 pm
happy mom1 wrote:
As others have said, my daughter suffers from a chain of ongoing colds throughout fall and winter. I try my hardest to boost her immune system but I can't keep her home all the time, sorry!

Well you should, sorry! I
Don’t care how often she gets sick, you have no right to make others sick.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:43 pm
Not sure why I'm engaging with such an old thread, but I do think there's a difference between 'sick' and 'Sick'. If my child has a slight sniffle or sneezed twice, I don't think that's grounds to stay home. I would be home the whole year in that case.
If my child has a fever, stomach upset (including diarrhea or vomiting) or any other more serious sickness, I wouldn't consider sending them in. That I don't think is fair. However, to be able to predict the future, that when my child sneezed, they were coming down with something more serious and need to stay home, that's beyond my abilities.

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:45 pm
This thread was started when my oldest was a newborn. Cute.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
This thread was started when my oldest was a newborn. Cute.

I wanted to like a reply but then I saw, I had already liked it before Cool

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:48 pm
Man I almost responded, and then realized my kid born in 2012 is 9.

Redbird

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 2:57 pm
I haven't read the comments, so maybe this was said.

People can be contagious before they show symptoms. Also you can't keep your kids home for a week or more every time they have a cold. If you did, you would literally never go to work. But sometimes what seems to be a minor virus and one person can be more serious by someone else. RSV looks like a cold in older children and adults.

Obviously if your kid has a fever or other serious symptoms, they should stay home.

We can choose to live our lives and risk getting sick or hurt, or we can just be afraid of the world and stay home. There's a name for this; it's called agoraphobia.

Redbird

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 3:00 pm
Now I see it's a 10-year-old thread 😆

penguin

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 4:01 pm
But where is Marina? I see she hasn't posted since last March. I do hope she's okay.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 6:09 pm
I honestly didn't realize this thread was that old for some reason it came up under recent threads but still I hope the OP read what I wrote it's really not right when you ignore the rules especially in a daycare the teacher has to explain why she allowed you to go against the rules and that's really not fair orientation for a 3 month old might not make sense to you but why does it have to cost me my job?
Edit I also don't know where the emojis came from.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 6:43 pm
I agree with you, OP

happy mom1

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:08 am
happy mom1 wrote:
As others have said, my daughter suffers from a chain of ongoing colds throughout fall and winter. I try my hardest to boost her immune system but I can't keep her home all the time, sorry!

amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Well you should, sorry! I
Don’t care how often she gets sick, you have no right to make others sick.

Firstly, said 3 year old daughter is now almost a teen who is Baruch Hashem no longer having colds backs to back.

Second, my opinions and views may have changed in the past 9 years. So no need to give mussar here. Hi

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:57 pm
happy mom1 wrote:
happy mom1 wrote:

Firstly, said 3 year old daughter is now almost a teen who is Baruch Hashem no longer having colds backs to back.

Second, my opinions and views may have changed in the past 9 years. So no need to give mussar here. Hi

well I hope you did change your views
but honestly a runny nose is fine
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics