Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Deli

mom!

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 10:59 am
I have a whole bunch of packages deli from food boxes. I would love to do something with them that I can freeze for yomtov. Any ideas besides deli roll?

imanotmommy

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:15 am
I like to cut it up in little pieces, and pan fry with onions and a little duck sauce. Then I use that as a topping for mashed potatoes, a filling for potato kugel, not sure what else, but it's multi-purpose. I haven't tried freezing it, but it probably can freeze? I'd say for sure if it's inside a food that normally freezes well.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:22 am
Deli roll. Buy the ready flaky dough sheets. Make a mixture of duck sauce, honey, and a little mustard. Smear the flaky sheets with the mixture. Layer the cold cuts on top. Roll it up jelly roll style. Freeze. Before baking smear the top with this same mixture. It takes me 5 min to put together and it's delicious! You can do the same idea with individuals.

Oldest

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:47 am
Deli roll freezes beautifully
Cut it up and make pastrami orzo- also freezes really well

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 6:44 pm
hasselback. you don't have to use a whole salami, you can lay whatever sliced meat you have in a pan and make the sauce to pour over it, then bake.

I use a recipe with bourbon but actually leave that out.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:28 pm
Pastrami pockets.
Mix cut up meat with equal parts honey and mustard. Place a spoonful in the center of a 3” puff pastry square and fold the corners in. Brush with duck sauce, top with sesame seeds and bake about twenty minutes till puffy.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:29 pm
Chicken and pastrami roll-ups are also nice for YT.
One version has a sauce drizzled on top of equal parts Mayo, ketchup and apricot jam. The other gets dipped into Mayo and then crumbs and drizzled with honey.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:33 pm
Stuff capons with shredded pastrami.
Make teriyaki rice with strips of pastrami.
Roll eggrolls and freeze. Fry fresh.
Orzo salami.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:03 pm
I wouldn't freeze these ahead, but I've served pastrami stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they always go over well.

Buy the large white stuffing mushrooms. Clean well. Remove the stems and set aside. Finely dice an onion and saute, then add finely chopped celery and the mushroom stems also chopped. Cook for a while until veggies soften. Add chopped pastrami and cook a little longer. Season with onion and garlic powder, pepper, and some parsley. Don't add salt if using pastrami because that's salty enough.

Remove the pan from heat and add a beaten egg and enough breadcrumbs for the mixture to hold together. Lay out the mushrooms on a lined baking sheet and press the mixture into the holes. Mound the extra mixture on top. Bake at 350 until the mushrooms are fully cooked.

Serve 3 per person on a small plate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics