Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Your go-to dessert to send

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 1:43 am
Tell me about your go-to dessert to send to a kiddush/shalom zachor/bar mitzvah!

All details are appreciated... how you cut/present it nicely, how you plate/package it, etc etc etc

Thanks in advance!

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 2:14 am
First get a package of square or rectangle plates and a roll of ribbon. It’s easier to present nicely.
I send what I have, often blondies. They look a little fancier if you cut rectangles instead of squares.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 7:24 am
Chocolate bark: melt a huge chocolate bar, mix in whole almonds and craisins. Refreeze on a cookie sheet. Break into pieces. Platter.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 8:26 am
This is not done in my community. Everyone uses a caterer and serves the food they pay for. When I make a meal for a new mom or when I go to a shiva of someone close I usually bring zucchini bread

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 9:31 am
I usually do chocolate chip cookies or crinkle cookies. I plate them on a pretty disposable rectangular tray (from the dollar store). I line up the cookies in 2 or 3 long rows, slightly overlapping each cookie over the next.

Other option is rice crispy treats, covered in melted chocolate and either blue/pink sprinkles or other pretty topping. Cut into diamond shape to make it look more elegant.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 3:19 pm
for a new mom I would make duncan hines brownies. not sure if that would be good on a late friday night sholom zohor when everyone is coming from a large, late meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics