Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Can you reuse breadcrumbs?

Would you reuse the breadcrumbs?
Yes, what's the question?  
 11%  [ 5 ]
No, when in doubt throw it out!  
 80%  [ 34 ]
Other, I will explain below  
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 42

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 4:42 pm
I made breaded cauliflower and I overestimated the amount of breadcrumbs I needed. I'd rather not throw them out if they can be reused, but of course I will if it's unsafe. I tried to Google this, but all the questions were about breading used for raw fish or chicken. I dipped the cauliflower in egg first, then the breadcrumbs. Is that just as dangerous or would it be ok if I froze it and then used it again?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 4:44 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I made breaded cauliflower and I overestimated the amount of breadcrumbs I needed. I'd rather not throw them out if they can be reused, but of course I will if it's unsafe. I tried to Google this, but all the questions were about breading used for raw fish or chicken. I dipped the cauliflower in egg first, then the breadcrumbs. Is that just as dangerous or would it be ok if I froze it and then used it again?

Breadcrumbs are cheap enough that I don’t see any reason to take a chance. Raw eggs can cause salmonella.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 5:00 pm
Under the circumstances I wouldn’t use the leftover breadcrumbs.

In the future just use less crumbs and add if necessary. I am assuming these are just breadcrumbs and not special breadcrumbs with other ingredients so that adding additional crumbs as needed to the top reading tray is simple.

Window

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 9:42 pm
Since the eggy cauliflower touched the breadcrumbs, it’s not safe to leave out. I freeze mine (that touched eggs). All the time. Especially if I worked h hard seasoning them

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 10:14 am
I'd throw it out. Breadcrumbs are cheap.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes