Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Fruit Soup w/ Cherries and Peaches?

Pink Flamingo

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 10:13 pm
I have tons of peaches/nectarines and cherries. Can I make fruit soup just with these 2 fruits? Or should I buy some other fruits to add to it?

Also, can anyone post a recipe or instructions how to do it?

Thanks!!

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:19 pm
You can absolutely make it with just those two fruits. In fact, I do that "lechatchilla." It will be delicious. Enjoy.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:21 pm
Endless peaches and cherries.......
Sounds divine.

Moonlight

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:25 pm
Sure. Add sugar and a scoop of jam and boil 5 min

Pink Flamingo

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:04 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
You can absolutely make it with just those two fruits. In fact, I do that "lechatchilla." It will be delicious. Enjoy.

What is your recipe? How much water, how long does it simmer, do you add any sugar/cinnamon etc

Also do u keep the cherries whole or cut and remove pits?

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:23 pm
I don't use a recipe w per se. I do pit the cherries and add a little over double the volume of water that there is fruit. So say 7 c water for 3 c fruit. This isn't an exact science AT ALL! In terms of sugar it needs very little if any. We don't like things sweet. If you do I would start with 1/4 c for the same 3 c fruit/7c water and then taste it when it is almost done and see if you think it needs more. I do sometimes throw in a cinnamon stick or a little bit of vanilla, especially of the fruit isn't too tasty, but it isn'tnecessary. .

twolilgirlies

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:24 pm
There was a post on this last week. Cut up all your fruit. Cover with water. Add sugar and vanilla to taste and bring to boil. Simmer for one hour. Pulse blend the leave chunks and the en let cool a bit. Then add either 2 neaten eggs or a van yogurt and mix and chill. Was delish!! I added cherries after pulsing

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 10:43 pm
twolilgirlies wrote:
There was a post on this last week. Cut up all your fruit. Cover with water. Add sugar and vanilla to taste and bring to boil. Simmer for one hour. Pulse blend the leave chunks and the en let cool a bit. Then add either 2 neaten eggs or a van yogurt and mix and chill. Was delish!! I added cherries after pulsing

Excuse my ignorance why do you add cherries at the end?thanks why not cook them too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics