Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Blue eyeshadow?
Previous  1  2

octopus

Post Sat, Jul 10 2021, 11:29 pm
And yeshaya also talks of the women wearing heels to appear as if they were floating and attached bells to their hems so that heads would turn. I wear blue eyeshadow. They did not have mauves and taupes in those days. The Navi was talking about wearing makeup period. And yet we see in the time of Ezra that he decreed that the makeup and perfume peddlers must go to the far flung places. Makeup and clothes play an important role for women. It's just that it should be directed in the correct way.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 12:48 am
I think blue eyeshadow, when done right, can be really beautiful! But it's hard to do it right.

I also worked in a school and would get comments on my makeup- (I wore bold eyeliner for a while and I guess it stood out). If comments make you uncomfortable, then don't wear the blue or gray shadow. If you don't care, then go for it!

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 1:04 am
I don’t get it. Your students just went up to you and told you they don’t like your makeup?
Am I missing something?

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 1:27 am
It depends on age
If a high school girl is wearing eye makeup , that isnt very subtle most Lakewood schools will make her wash it off

Conversely, in my 50s , the most chasidish women compliment my makeup

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:38 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
I don’t get it. Your students just went up to you and told you they don’t like your makeup?
Am I missing something?

No. They just commented. Like, "You are wearing blue eye shadow." or "You are not wearing blue eye shadow today." Yes, I know. Some kids don't have filters...

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:42 pm
I don’t wear any eye makeup at all for tznius reasons.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:19 am
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
I think what blue, green, or purple eyeshadow does is make one look like an exotic bird. I never understood it.

People keep exotic birds because they are beautiful.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:16 am
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Blue eyeshadow is considered very immodest by many
And it is mentioned in Yeshaya as one of the reasons for the destruction of the bais hamikdosh

I thought it was purple eyeshadow

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there anything wrong with wearing blue eyeshadow??

I work in 2 schools. In the high school, I had more than one student comment on my blue eye shadow.
My other job is in a preschool. So I asked staff there (my age {40ish} and some girls around 20) if anything is wrong with blue eye shadow and no one seemed to think so....

Maybe it's a cultural thing because one place is ashkenaz mainly and the other sefardi?? I donno... I don't want to by unfashionable. LOL. I am so not into make up but wear a little bit but I don't want it to stand out toooo much! and it isn't like it was a dark blue.

Oh all girls look at you through a magnifying glass at all times. They follow female teachers closely.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:36 am
imaima wrote:
Oh all girls look at you through a magnifying glass at all times. They follow female teachers closely.

Yes....I have had to start being more aware of what I am wearing since I started working in a high school.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:39 am
momof2+? wrote:
How is it that I never heard of this? I went to a very frum Bais Yaakov school that talked about Tznius a lot. I used to wear blue eye shadow and only stopped bec I got bored of it.

Did you learn the Navi yeshaya? I learned this Navi on 11th grade and that’s when we learned this .

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:31 pm
https://www.vitacost.com/miner.....-oz-1
Any comments or tboughts on this shade of blue and taupe? Is this totally out? I've never heard about the tznius issue but what about this combo?

nicole81

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:00 pm
OP, you mention that you're not into makeup just wear a little bit, including the blue eyeshadow, so chances are you're not wearing the shadow in a fashionable way. It takes talent to apply eyeshadow well, and even more so for bold colors. Teenagers will call their teachers out on things but the adult coworkers at the other school probably don't want to say anything to make you feel bad, hence the mixed reactions.

Before I learned how to do makeup well, I remember thinking I could just swipe a color across my lids and call it a day. I definitely did it with blue and it definitely looked very not flattering, albeit unbeknownst to me lol.

If you absolutely love wearing blue shadow, perhaps look up some tutorials on youtube to learn how to wear it well. Or consider using it to partially line your eyes, or switching to a denim or navy eyeliner and smudging it with some warm toned neutrals.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:24 pm
When I picture blue eyeshadow, I picture Jane Fonda and legwarmers

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:57 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
When I picture blue eyeshadow, I picture Jane Fonda and legwarmers

Lol!
Blue eyeshadow is so 80s and out of style!
Besides for all that information being shared that it’s untznius

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:06 pm
nicole81 wrote:
OP, you mention that you're not into makeup just wear a little bit, including the blue eyeshadow, so chances are you're not wearing the shadow in a fashionable way. It takes talent to apply eyeshadow well, and even more so for bold colors. Teenagers will call their teachers out on things but the adult coworkers at the other school probably don't want to say anything to make you feel bad, hence the mixed reactions.

Before I learned how to do makeup well, I remember thinking I could just swipe a color across my lids and call it a day. I definitely did it with blue and it definitely looked very not flattering, albeit unbeknownst to me lol.

If you absolutely love wearing blue shadow, perhaps look up some tutorials on youtube to learn how to wear it well. Or consider using it to partially line your eyes, or switching to a denim or navy eyeliner and smudging it with some warm toned neutrals.

Remember

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 2:44 pm
Wearing it today!

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
Wearing it today!

So am I, but in an understated way. I like my makeup to match my outfits Smile

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there anything wrong with wearing blue eyeshadow??

I work in 2 schools. In the high school, I had more than one student comment on my blue eye shadow.
My other job is in a preschool. So I asked staff there (my age {40ish} and some girls around 20) if anything is wrong with blue eye shadow and no one seemed to think so....

Maybe it's a cultural thing because one place is ashkenaz mainly and the other sefardi?? I donno... I don't want to by unfashionable. LOL. I am so not into make up but wear a little bit but I don't want it to stand out toooo much! and it isn't like it was a dark blue.

No one wears blue these days. Thats makeup from like the 60s. You may be able to get away with blue eyeliner, but shadow covering your whole lid is very out of style. Most people these days wear browns, bronze, creams, golds, pinks, camels. The daring people will put a bit of burgundy or orangy shades in small doses in the crease. Stay neutral.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:47 pm
When I wear blue clothing, I wear dark blue eyeshadow on the upper and lower lid lines for more years than I can remember.

No one says boo.

Imho if its the frosted light to medium blue it screams 70s disco, though.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics