Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
"The Secret" and" The Secret To Miraculous Salvations"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 11:52 pm
Ive heard someone say that the two very well known books, "The Secret", a world famous book, and "The Secret To Miraculous Salvations", a very popular Jewish book sold in Eichlers and other Judaica book stores, have similar analyses, theories, explanations, paths to emotional health, spiritual strength, success and happiness, etc.

Ive heard about both books, but Ive never read either, so Im wondering.

Were ideas from the world famous book "The Secret" taken from Judaic writings, such as the Zohar, or is it the reverse, "The Secret To Miraculous Salvations" was patterned after "The Secret"?

Do you agree or disagree, that the two books have at least some similarities?

If youre familiar with both books and think they have similarities, what would be your best argument to show that "The Secret" took ideas from the Torah or any other Judaic works, or the reverse, that the "The Secret To Miraculous Salvations" took ideas from "The Secret" ?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:14 am
bump

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:27 pm
Is anyone here familiar with these two books and have opinions on the similarities and differences?

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 9:12 am
The premise of the secret is that if you visualize good things happening for you (and often people will actually create a vision board with specifics), you’re sending good vibes out, and they come back to you and your wishes come true. Those are the basics.
For The Secret to Miraculous Salvations , it’s all about emunah in Hashem and that he gives things to us b’otzer matnas chinam. And similarly, they’ll give you exercises to write things out believe wholeheartedly in a yeshuah and even point to the items on the paper, and say with you whole heart that H’ can send yeshuos b’otzer matnas chinam, then you can see salvation.
That’s the simplified version. Has anyone experienced a yeshuah this way?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:45 pm
Yes, I’ve experienced many yeshuas this way. It’s how I live my life. I haven’t read “The Secret” but I’ve studied the Law of Attraction through the teachings of Abraham Hicks. My guess is that Esther Hicks figured out the law of attraction through trial and error, noticing patterns in her life etc. Though the Zohar obviously came first so maybe she dabbled in it as well.

The Law of Attraction says that bad things happen as contrast, so it becomes more clear to you what your desire is so that you can manifest it. But the book doesn’t explain why bad things happen according to this theory, everything has to be blended with Torah teachings to understand the theory of the world.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational