Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Ideas for sheva brachos help please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 10:46 am
We are hosting a lunch 7b for sister in law in about 2 weeks.
Planning to make it very simple; ordering from a bagel store and using plastic paper goods etc.

Its just immediate family.
Although it'll be very simple, I was wondering if anyone had some easy ideas to make it a bit nicer and more than just a Sunday lunch. I am so uncreative.

Any ideas for cute and easy centerpieces/party favors/place cards/napkins/decorations or something of the sort.....

Also looking for ideas of a good game to play as entertainment.

Open to any and all ideas as long as they're uncomplicated Thanks in advance

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 11:56 am
Theming it simply can make it look nicer. Easy ideas could be things like black and white theme and do chess (or any other black and white boardgame) and then have centerpieces around the chosen game.
I'm not a fan of the games where the chosson and kalla are put on the spot with questions, but if you know they're the type to like it-there's the 'which one's job it is' and see what they say.
Is there something they're both into that you can use, both as a theme and general game?
Also are you doing this on your own? I've done sheva brochos and teamed up with other family members and we helped each other, like one of us would do the game, one the centerpieces, one a grammen etc, we each worked with our talents.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are hosting a lunch 7b for sister in law in about 2 weeks.
Planning to make it very simple; ordering from a bagel store and using plastic paper goods etc.

Its just immediate family.
Although it'll be very simple, I was wondering if anyone had some easy ideas to make it a bit nicer and more than just a Sunday lunch. I am so uncreative.

Any ideas for cute and easy centerpieces/party favors/place cards/napkins/decorations or something of the sort.....

Also looking for ideas of a good game to play as entertainment.

Open to any and all ideas as long as they're uncomplicated Thanks in advance

Just get beautiful flowers for a centerpiece, have pretty plastic goods and paper napkins.., and the silver utensils that look real

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:41 pm
A couple of nice salads can add to the mood. And a pretty fruit platter.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:55 pm
For a game, I forgot what it's called, maybe "how well do you know.." and you can ask questions like what would he take if stranded on an island etc

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:12 pm
I've seen chocolates with picture of chassan kallah scanned on them. Where is Lakewood can I get that done?

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:24 pm
my sil hosted a SB for me it was fleishig, set beautifull for shabbos.

get nice tablecloths, a nice runner. look at naomi beneli on instagram she has lots of tablescapes ideas.

we also played a game at my sb. everyone had to write down on a piece of paper advice they have for us and my BIL read it outloud and we chose our favorite bit of advice and had to guess who wrote it.

lots of fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics