Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Any hope?

girl

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 9:50 am
My daughter keeps on getting permanent marker on her clothes. (I’m not sure why they use it in day camp…but whatever!) Any ideas what to pretreat them with/ how to wash to get out the stains?

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:26 am
Google it.

girl

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:21 pm
Bump ra mom?

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:22 pm
Seriously. Google "How to get permanent marker stains out of fabric."

wonders75

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:39 pm
I never tried but here is a link I found https://www.onegoodthingbyjill.....rker/

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:44 pm
I hate permanent marker! If it's one spot, you can use hair spray. It will take a lot of scrubbing with a soft brush and much hard work! Don't expect it to come off right away. Good luck and report back.

girl

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 5:35 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I hate permanent marker! If it's one spot, you can use hair spray. It will take a lot of scrubbing with a soft brush and much hard work! Don't expect it to come off right away. Good luck and report back.

So, Should I spray ,scrub with a brush and then wash (and repeat as necessary) or make sure the stain is out completely before I put it in the washing machine?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 5:41 pm
girl wrote:
So, Should I spray ,scrub with a brush and then wash (and repeat as necessary) or make sure the stain is out completely before I put it in the washing machine?

And spray and scrub until stain is out. Only once all the ink is out, wash in the washing machine.

girl

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:36 pm
So I sprayed and scrubbed and sprayed some more. The marker spots are not budging. Thankfully it’s just a few spots! But is there anything else I can try?

EsG

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 7:38 pm
I would try rubbing alcohol. It can take out pen ink.

advocate

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:10 pm
I don't know how this would work on fabric, but GooGone takes permanent marker off a lot of things.

I always think there should be a laundry pushkas for moments like this!

Hatzlacha rabba!

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:35 pm
I'm interested to know if anyone has ever successfully got permanent marker stains out of anything because I've googled it and tried numerous things but have never had any success.
Sorry OP, I know that doesn't help you. I hope you find something that works. Report back here if you do!

girl

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:30 pm
So I sprayed hair spray and rubbed. Washed in a warm load, then repeated again. I think it faded a nice amount, but didn’t disappear Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry