Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Nanny Cameras

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 1:50 pm
I need Nanny Cameras in several rooms.

Very important that it have a sensitive MIKE to be able to catch verbal abuse.

I live in Brooklyn.

Any suggestions on where to go for high quality nanny cams at reasonable price?

Thanks.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 2:07 pm
How old are the kids? Isn't it a bit on the controlling side to install cameras in kids (that aren't babies) bedrooms? Are you doing this under the guidance of a professional?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
How old are the kids? Isn't it a bit on the controlling side to install cameras in kids (that aren't babies) bedrooms? Are you doing this under the guidance of a professional?

All my rooms have nanny cams in them but they’re all visible. It’s nothing about controlling kids I’m not sure where you see that in the OP but I had a nanny and installed cameras in every room she’d be with the kids in (except bathroom and my room)

Op try amazon they have a huge selection.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:19 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
All my rooms have nanny cams in them but they’re all visible. It’s nothing about controlling kids I’m not sure where you see that in the OP but I had a nanny and installed cameras in every room she’d be with the kids in (except bathroom and my room)

Thanks HomesttoG-d, but I am single mother and don't know about buying or installing
nanny-cams.

Would prefer is someone can recommend me a local store that is trustworthy and can
install a few reasonably priced nanny-cams.

Anybody?

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 9:25 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:

If it's controlling or not, depends on the age of the kids. It's inappropriate and an invasion of privacy for parents to be able to see what older kids talk about and are up to every second of the day. I was once at a program and one of the speakers was a parenting coach and he gave examples of controlling parents, one of the examples he gave is having cameras in kids rooms and parents that think they must always see and hear everything their kids do.
For young kids & kids that are being watched by a nanny, then of course it's ok. In older kids rooms, not ok.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
If it's controlling or not, depends on the age of the kids. It's inappropriate and an invasion of privacy for parents to be able to see what older kids talk about and are up to every second of the day. I was once at a program and one of the speakers was a parenting coach and he gave examples of controlling parents, one of the examples he gave is having cameras in kids rooms and parents that think they must always see and hear everything their kids do.
For young kids & kids that are being watched by a nanny, then of course it's ok. In older kids rooms, not ok.

Ok but where did the op say anywhere she was using it to spy on her older kids? I’m so confused! Nanny cams don’t immediately mean spying. They mean safety, protection, and evidence of suspicious activity. Who said anything about older kids?

Op where do you live. b&H may be able to help in NYC or a local low voltage company.

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:25 am
HonesttoGod wrote:

Which cameras do you have?

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:14 pm
We have two. Foscam and vimtag. Both were great.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need Nanny Cameras in several rooms.

Very important that it have a sensitive MIKE to be able to catch verbal abuse.

I live in Brooklyn.

Any suggestions on where to go for high quality nanny cams at reasonable price?

Thanks.

This doesn't sound like OP is being controlling, or spying, or being creepy in any way. It sounds like she has a legitimate concern, and needs concrete proof before she can correct the situation.

Geeze, give her a break! If you don't want nanny cams, don't have them, but OP feels that she needs them right now. IYH you should never be that worried.

Also, I babysit, and if every room (except the bathroom) was wired with cameras and mikes, I would not be the least bit upset. Parents have a right to protect their children. B'H we have the technology now.

OP, I hope you can find a quick and easy solution, and get the problem solved.

Here's a quick Google search I did for you: https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 4:26 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
We have two. Foscam and vimtag. Both were great.

Thank you so much for responding.
Can you tell me what you liked and disliked about each?
Do they record?
Are any of them wireless?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics