Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Trampling Torah in the 9 Days / #MyUnorthodoxLife spinoff
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:02 pm
Thank you Triaspora. Your clarity is helpful.

A list of actual clear falsehoods would be useful. So far, it seems only the trailer's dropped though some media outlets are reviewing early episodes. Here's what I got - please add to this list:

1. Batsheva Haart's marriage, by her own admission, was not arranged. She met Ben Weinstein and dated him at the age of 19 for at a year. (?)

2. Forbes magazine : 'She has an answer for anyone who questions her self-made success. “People will say, ‘What’s the big deal? She just married a rich guy.’ The truth is, this was before I met my husband. One thing had nothing to do with the other.” ' [IS THIS TRUE?]

3. Also on FORBES: "I’ve already received hundreds of messages on social media from women from my former life and they see my success and are asking me if everything they’ve been told is a lie. This is a good thing! Let women question their circumstances and demand equality!”

[It is false to assert that orthodox women do not have equality.]

4. Education opportunities available to orthodox women in her community. It is false to suggest that orthodox women are not given advanced career options and paths beyond high school.

Can anyone join in with more?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:15 pm
I found it false for her to make it sound like she was blinking in the bright world after she emerged from her previous life- her ex was CEO for many yrs of worldy company, they were not living in a cave. and agree with what you posted- in her world, she would have been allowed to go to college etc (she was not raised in Meah Shearim!!) and become a dr if she would have wanted. at least that's my understanding of her family of origin.
and if there is anything negative abt her family of origin I can tell you it's false. they are the nicest, most generous, most sincere people......

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
She’s sharing her truth, yours might be different.

we know one truth- that we follow Hashem and His cammandments. any other truth shouldn't be defended on this site which is a FRUM site. there are plenty of defendants of other "truths" out there- ask Mohammed and his donkey for his truth too...once we're going with everyone has their own "truth" you lose any concept of real truth and real falsehood.

TriAspora

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:46 pm
[quote="amother [ Pumpkin ] ...in her world, she would have been allowed to go to college etc (she was not raised in Meah Shearim!!) and become a dr if she would have wanted. at least that's my understanding of her family of origin. [/quote]
So Julia engages in cultural appropriation from Meah Shearim, right? Wink

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 5:39 pm
TriAspora wrote:
So Julia engages in cultural appropriation from Meah Shearim, right? Wink

to me at least, that's how she's making mainstream american communities out to be.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 8:01 pm
I think its below our dignity to show her that we care, lets just pretend we never heard of this show and were not even intrested in this 'unpopular reality show'. lets be above her,
the more noise we make the better and happier shell feel knowing how popular her show is.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 3:50 am
This made me laugh.

"As Haart showed off her expansive custom closet -- inspired by the iconic closet from the classic 1995 comedy Clueless -- she reflected on how the life choice made her feel like "a time traveler."

https://www.etonline.com/my-un.....world

The irony. Clueless indeed.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics