Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
A Thousand Splendid Suns

roza

Post Mon, Jan 14 2008, 9:37 pm
I just finished this book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini.
It's a deeply emotional, moving story about 2 women, their life and struggle.
This book makes you think, puts your own life in perspective. The story touches you to the core.

Quote:
A Thousand Splendid Suns is a breathtaking story set against the volatile events of Afghanistan’s last thirty years—from the Soviet invasion to the reign of the Taliban to the post-Taliban rebuilding—that puts the violence, fear, hope, and faith of this country in intimate, human terms. It is a tale of two generations of characters brought jarringly together by the tragic sweep of war, where personal lives—the struggle to survive, raise a family, find happiness—are inextricable from the history playing out around them.

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 3:30 am
this is a great great book I loved it! it was heartbreaking but also uplifting bc you really see what people have gone through in their life and how they still make something of themselves.

khaled hosseini's other book the kite runner was also good, but a thousand splendid suns was more enjoyhable bc it was about women so I identified more.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 5:26 am
I liked the book a lot and can't wait for him to come out with another!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 8:36 am
He also wrote the Kite Runner whih I hear is amzing. Now I just need to find it & this one at the library.

zigi

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:02 pm
wow after reading it I can see maybe my life isn't as hard as those 2 women.

dora

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:14 pm
good book, I listened to kite runner on "book on tape" it was read by the author and with the right accent it was great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room