Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
ISO Tisha b'av themed activities for preschoolers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 8:09 pm
I have ages 6 and 4. Anyone have activities that would be geared towards teaching about Tisha B'av to this age? Looking for videos, activity booklets, etc. ideally hands off as much as possible.

I already have the amazing book "When I left Yerushalayim" (HIGHLY recommend) and plan on reading from it with them.

I will also get them some new art type stuff just to keep them busy and will stock up on new library books for them to go through.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:19 pm
bump
I have a 3 year old

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:58 pm
1. Some sort of Yerushalayim/kosel craft. You can cut out bricks and then write down different mitzvos they do--or have them draw pictures of different mitzvos on the bricks--and them have them glue on paper as a kosel.
2. V'ahavta l'rayacha kamocha craft: cut out paper dolls by folding a paper into 4 parts and cutting out a person with outstretched arms--so you end up with 4 figures holding hands. You can do one of boys and one of girls (with long hair). Glue them on a piece of construction paper and have your kids kids color in the faces/clothing of the paper dolls.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:50 pm
Chabad.org has an online Tisha B'Av camp in the afternoon for 4 hours.

miami85

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:55 pm
I don't think there's any real reason to force an idea that they can't understand. Young children are not required to observe the mourning of the 3 weeks.

I would reserve my energy for my mourning and fasting.

Last edited by miami85 on Sun, Jul 31 2022, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 12:43 am
https://kidschitas.org/camp/

Chabad online 9 Av Camp. It’s fantastic. I’m not Lubavitch. My kids loved it. Keeps them occupied during a difficult part of the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers