Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Tell me about... (Game)
  Previous  1  2  3 78  79  80 102  103  104  Next

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 5:51 pm
liveandlove.ima wrote:
its most likely filtering some of the emojis or maybe it's your phone, if an older version and could not pick up that emoji then a blank box will appear instead.

I have a kosher cellphone. I email/post only from my laptop.

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 5:56 pm
[quote="Lovable"]I love my traditional dark wood furniture & royal blue suede chairs
The flowers my husband places in my silver vase for shabbos make me smile

Your furniture truly sounds magnificent. My favorite color is Royal blue and I imagine against dark wood, it's stunning.
Enjoy it and the flowers Smile

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:04 pm
liveandlove.ima wrote:
love it and hate it, both

tell me how you first came across imamother

"liveandlove.ima", firstly, I just love your username, and I also really like your avatar. It's merry looking and suits your u/n.

a friend told me about I/m.

Tell me about what you take (herbal) and eat before a fast which eases your fasting.

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:24 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about what you take (herbal) and eat before a fast which eases your fasting.

I try to drink plenty of water for about a day and a half before the fast (not just the hour before). Also eat fruit such as watermelon and grapes. And I make sure to have protein as well as complex carbs, but not to overeat as that weighs on me.

Tell me about something in nature that makes you feel calm.

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:46 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
I try to drink plenty of water for about a day and a half before the fast (not just the hour before). Also eat fruit such as watermelon and grapes. And I make sure to have protein as well as complex carbs, but not to overeat as that weighs on me.

Tell me about something in nature that makes you feel calm.

A magnificent view - luscious green grass, small cottages with red roofs, the sky a sparkling light blue, cluster of trees on one side, birds chirping, bluish-white peaks of distant mountains, and the sun
coloring it all with a golden hue.
(A view, which one could see from my married daughter's apt. )

Tell me about how you entertain your young grandchildren?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:40 pm
👍😍😘🥰🙂😉😜🤣

I posted 8 emojis.
Thumbs up
Hearts in eyes
Winky kissing face
Love hears all around
Smile
Winking
Winking with tongue sticking out
Falling over laughing

I posted them from a phone and they are on my smart keyboard it's possible bc of certain technical specifications it doesn't show up on all platforms.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:42 pm
I don't have grandchildren. But when my dad's chavrusa brought his grandkids over. I showed them my brothers leopard gecko.🦎 They were delighted.

Tell me about a pet peeves

simcha4

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:39 am
singleagain wrote:
👍😍😘🥰🙂😉😜🤣

I posted 8 emojis.
Thumbs up
Hearts in eyes
Winky kissing face
Love hears all around
Smile
Winking
Winking with tongue sticking out
Falling over laughing

I posted them from a phone and they are on my smart keyboard it's possible bc of certain technical specifications it doesn't show up on all platforms.

I rcvd 7 emojis. Seems like "Love hears all around" is missing -that's where that black outlined tiny square appears. And I always thougt the sq. was an emoji Smile
Perhaps it is my filter? Or, the reason u mentioned.
Thanks all the same. I liked the ones I rcvd. They're happy ones.

simcha4

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:58 am
singleagain wrote:
I don't have grandchildren. But when my dad's chavrusa brought his grandkids over. I showed them my brothers leopard gecko.🦎 They were delighted.

Tell me about a pet peeves

- Certain grammar mistakes that glare at me.
- Waiting in line at eg. Dr's surgery, and someone with appt. after yours tries to push in before u.
- Waiting with cart of stuff in line to pay at supermarket, and person whose stuff cashier is tallying up, keeps on running out of line, saying, "I forgot, I just need ...."
If it happens once, that's fine. But when it happens 5-6 times and each time the buyer returns with am armful of stuff, well it annoys me.
Dunno. I think it's wrong. Or, perhaps it's my problem, I need to work on being more tolerant.
But I am in general a tolerant person...

Tell me about something that u want to tell me about?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 6:09 am
I make a lot of grammar mistakes also, but bc I don't care, but bc my fingers go quickly and I often make typos that look fine to me bc I go fast and don't always proofread .... Especially when it's not professional. I'm just less careful in casual communication. Maybe that will help to not be so annoyed at that.

The others things really are inconsiderate, and I admit hard to think of a good dlkz .... Especially when I've just woken up two hours before my alarm 🤦‍♀️

Something about me... I think I'm ready to start dating again. I actually made a "help me find a shidduch" thread about a year ago... But I felt a bit attacked and although some posters tried to help and look through resumes, I really was hoping, someone would know of a match personally and not just read other profiles

Tell me a story about shidduichim

pknt

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:11 am
simcha4 wrote:
My dh was in Meron on Lag B'Omer. One of the hadlakos he likes to watch is that of the Toldos Aharon Rebbe, shli'ta. He was standing among the crowd gathering to watch. The Rebbe had just arrived and was davening before he prepares to light. My dh suddenly looked around and saw that it was getting crowded. He remembered how sometimes his asthma is triggered in huge crowds due to lack of air. He didn't know how huge this crowd would get.
He also suddenly remembered that he hadn't yet davened at Kever Rashbi for the names I'd sent him from members on imamother. I sent the lists of names quite late.
My dh was afraid that he might (unintentionally) leave Meron w/out praying for these names.
He left the crowd gathered for the Toldos Aharon haldlakah and made his way to Kever Rashbi and davened for all the names on the list. He pronounced each name separately.
My dh finished and the T.A. Rebbe had not yet started lighting the hadlakah. My dh debated for a moment whether to stay? He felt tired and decided to start driving homeward.
He was on the way home when the horrific tragedy happened at the hadlakas Toldos Aharon!!!
He was called back to help - he works in Hatzolah and Zaka. He drove all the way back to Meron and came home the next day 1/2 hour before Shabbos started.

I have the deepest gratitude for all the I/m members who sent me names for my husband to daven for at Kever Rashbi!!! I feel in that zchus his life was saved, B'H.
May Hashem Protect all of Am Yisrael.

Tell me about when someone saved you in the nick of time from c'v possibly getting injured?

I got chills reading this!
Thanks for sharing!

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:30 pm
singleagain wrote:

Tell me a story about shidduichim

When I was in elementary school I had a friend whose parents got divorced. When she was at some Jewish youth movement event, she became friendly with a boy our age. His parents were divorced, too. These two eleven year olds decided to fix up her father with his mother. And it worked! They got married! And are probably still married after all these years. (Hashem has all kinds of shlichim ...)

Tell me something surprising one of your kids did or said.

simcha4

Post Sun, Jul 11 2021, 12:18 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
When I was in elementary school I had a friend whose parents got divorced. When she was at some Jewish youth movement event, she became friendly with a boy our age. His parents were divorced, too. These two eleven year olds decided to fix up her father with his mother. And it worked! They got married! And are probably still married after all these years. (Hashem has all kinds of shlichim ...)

Tell me something surprising one of your kids did or said.

I don't have very young kids, can I change it to something my grandkid said?

Almost 3 yr. old sweet grandson ke'h, was at the table eating supper. His Mummy - my darling daughter, was seated next to him and nibbling from a bag of pretzels. Suddenly my grandson grabbed bag of pretzels and said to his Mummy, "First you have to eat bread!"

Tell me about something you're looking forward to with much anticipation.

Ima Piano

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 10:21 am
I'm looking forward to shabbos again Smile

Tell me about your day yesterday

dankbar

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 10:51 am
We had a spontaneous night activity. After my kids were in bed, and my husband went to shul, I took them out to ride on their scooters, mich better than during day.
(Ok one kid took a nap during day because of boredom, one kid woke up at almost noon, my toddler had very late night and woke up at bedtime so they were all not tired yet)

Tell me about daycamp

simcha4

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:16 pm
dankbar wrote:
We had a spontaneous night activity. After my kids were in bed, and my husband went to shul, I took them out to ride on their scooters, mich better than during day.
(Ok one kid took a nap during day because of boredom, one kid woke up at almost noon, my toddler had very late night and woke up at bedtime so they were all not tired yet)

Tell me about daycamp

imho there should also be daycamps for adults (females) with adult activities, outings...
a bit of relaxation, socializing...

Tell me about what you're serving on Shabbos, Shalosh Seudas - the seudah before the fast begins?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 12:36 pm
simcha4 wrote:

Tell me about what you're serving on Shabbos, Shalosh Seudas - the seudah before the fast begins?

Such a great question. I'm thinking watermelon, salmon, some kind of quiche or pasta salad.

Tell me about something really cute you heard a child say.

Ima Piano

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 9:28 am
My sister with her two children were sitting at the table and my older niece mistakenly pulled out her mothers earrings and my sister yelled ouch and scolded her older daughter. The younger daughter hopped off her chair and said- I didn't do it so I don't care. It was so cute and funny.

Tell me about your workplace

simcha4

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 7:12 pm
Ima Piano wrote:
My sister with her two children were sitting at the table and my older niece mistakenly pulled out her mothers earrings and my sister yelled ouch and scolded her older daughter. The younger daughter hopped off her chair and said- I didn't do it so I don't care. It was so cute and funny.

Tell me about your workplace

I work from home. Corner of my bedroom near a window, stands my workdesk.
It has 3 drawers on one side underneath table part. In drawers is fax paper, small containers for elastic bands, erasers, wipes, and other items needed.
Shelves on to: upon which stand a Siddur, Tehillim, Phone book, Books necessary for work, Files.
On table part is my laptop computer. On small raised half-circle shelf on table corner stands a round tallish holder for pens, pencils. Box of tissues. Cordless phone on base.
On wall above desk I hung cutouts of quotes and sayings which I read daily -they put me into the right perspective, give chizzuk, motivation, determination... and reminders that nothing will get done without asking Hashem for His Help. And if I did my best and something in my work didn't come out right, it wasn't me, my boss, etc. It was Hashem Who Willed it so for my good.
Under the table is a small dustbin.
And a straight-backed swivel chair.

Tell me about your favorite object in your kitchen.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 9:17 pm
Right now.. my parents are in my kitchen

Tell me about what you find funny
Page 79 of 104   Previous  1  2  3 78  79  80 102  103  104  Next Recent Topics