Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Never seen a frum family dressed like this
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 7:43 am
Rappel wrote:
So like a headband? A baseball cap? Not a full snood, you mean.

The little girls wore cute hats, and I think the older girls wore this kerchief type thing that started like in the middle of their head, so it was obvious they weren’t cornering the same way as the married women.
The only time I ever saw this was at my friends Sheba brachos. I asked about it and was told that girls over a certain age (I think 3?) partially cover their hair. I didn’t really delve into it.

YB27

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:22 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I once found a family on YouTube that you would think is frum based on how they dressed but were ardent christians. Maybe they’re some sort of religious christian group.

They could be possibly Messianic? I saw a guy once who wore kippah, tzitzis and he was not Jewish. My non Jewish relative has a neighbor who is of that religion and this gentleman, who was a friend of the neighbors, came to help my relative move a piece of furniture a few years back.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:33 pm
YB27 wrote:
They could be possibly Messianic?

That sounds plausible.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:45 pm
dankbar wrote:
Amish? From the Netherlands? Irish? Menonites?

In the Netherlands, even orthodox protestant girls don't wear kerchiefs. From a certain age women and girls go to the church with a hat on Ineed to ask someone who I know who grew up in the community.

It could be indeed messianic. Also, I have very thin and fine hair I can't wear anyhting without pins but I have now wiggrips thank g-d

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:48 pm
I believe many Yemenite girls wear a sort of tichel.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:13 pm
penguin wrote:
I believe many Yemenite girls wear a sort of tichel.

Yes!!! My friend married into a family with Yemenite relatives!!! Thank you, I couldn’t remember what it was.

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:14 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Amish don't wear a wig, kippah, tzitzis.

First thing I think about while reading this is Gene Wilder running through a field shouting, "Landsman! Landsman!""

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:38 pm
Really, please watch out.
My daughter has a good friend who likes to wear a black bandana like headband.
Her family is JPF.
I can't believe all the judgement based upon a little girl's choice of hair accessory, and the fact that they speak a language you don't recognize.
A family from a different part of the world may have fashion choice that feels unfamiliar to you, but it doesn't mean they can't be a regular frum family!

Before everyone get's carried away deciding that they might be Christian or from an unusual sect, please pause and look at how judgmental this sounds.

I think this thread has the potential to cause the family embarrassment as there are identifying details - I hope it can be removed.

edited for typos
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics