Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/o Crying it out
1  2  3  4  Next

Are you anti-CIO (crying it out)? Are you anti-covid vaccine?
Anti CIO. Anti vaccine  
 19%  [ 38 ]
Pro CIO. Anti vaccine  
 6%  [ 12 ]
Anti CIO. Pro vaccine  
 44%  [ 85 ]
Pro CIO. Pro vaccine  
 16%  [ 31 ]
I just like taking polls. I dont relate to any above  
 7%  [ 14 ]
Other. Cant put me in a box!  
 5%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 191

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:32 am
Curious of the correlation here....

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:10 pm
I doubt there's a correlation. I voted pro CIO but I really hate it. I do it cuz after a day or two my child adjusts and feels better with a schedule and normal night hours.

amother
Violet

Other.

I am anti-CIO.

I am pro-vaccine for the high risk and am anti-vaccine for the low risk (especially healthy children). If we're talking about the Corona vaccine specifically.

I am pro-vaccine for other vaccines.

trixx

This thread is ridiculous, sorry.

Let's add to the poll:
Are you against CIO and also serve your kids veggies? Wow how super crunchy of you.

Are you anti the vaccine and also anti the whole world knowing your medical decisions? You live in the woods.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:37 pm
I voted pro CIO and pro vaccine although I don't really think those two are related. Why am I pro CIO? Because that's the only way that helps certain kids. Not all kids. I have three. One is a good sleeper, one is an ok sleeper (he was trained using CIO and slept through the night since he was 1) and one is an absolutely horrendous sleeper. The latter wakes up once or twice a night screaming and raging. Nothing helps him, he just screams until he calms down. I'm with him, I'm not ignoring him. I tried singing to him, giving supplements, hugging him, waking him up, giving him something to drink. 99% of the time I will go to him and be at his side as he screams. A few days ago he had a night that he woke up four times screaming. The last time I didn't even get up to go to him and he calmed down faster without me. I have no statistics to back me up, I'm only talking about my personal experiences.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:45 pm
I voted anti-vaccine, but I'm not 100% against it. Just against it as a forced mandate for even low-risk or recovered individuals.

I am anti-CIO, with some exceptions. But I think it should be a last resort.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:09 pm
I'm pro-CIO. I think so many of these women who are anti-CIO are women who had great sleepers. If by eight months old you have a kid who's waking up 3 and four times a night, taking 30-45 minutes to go back to sleep, and you have six other kids who need to get breakfast by 7am, get their lunches made, get to school, and you have a toddler and no other help, something has to give.

A mother can't be a korban. Not even to the baby. The difference between a mother with a broken sleep and a total of six hours and a mother with six hours straight of sleep is a world of difference. It's the difference between a functioning household and a disaster where no one gets anything they need.

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:32 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I think so many of these women who are anti-CIO are women who had great sleepers.

Nope.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 1:33 pm
Other. In my previous life I was vehemently against vaccines and letting babies cry. In my current life I see a lot more shades of gray.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:31 pm
מה קשר?

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:33 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I'm pro-CIO. I think so many of these women who are anti-CIO are women who had great sleepers.

LOL LOL

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:34 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I'm pro-CIO. I think so many of these women who are anti-CIO are women who had great sleepers. If by eight months old you have a kid who's waking up 3 and four times a night, taking 30-45 minutes to go back to sleep, and you have six other kids who need to get breakfast by 7am, get their lunches made, get to school, and you have a toddler and no other help, something has to give.

A mother can't be a korban. Not even to the baby. The difference between a mother with a broken sleep and a total of six hours and a mother with six hours straight of sleep is a world of difference. It's the difference between a functioning household and a disaster where no one gets anything they need.

The answer is not letting the baby cry till their body gives up and falls asleep.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:36 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
The answer is not letting the baby cry till their body gives up and falls asleep.

Uh...how do you tell the difference? Do you mean they should not be crying right before they fall asleep? Even if it's only like 2 mins of crying? That's what it looks like over here sometimes.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:36 pm
I'm provax and anti letting babies toddlers children or adults cry without soothing them.

I'm midnight on the other thread.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Curious of the correlation here....

Why should there be a correlation between the covid vax and CIO?? The mom's that are pro CIO were like this way before the covid vaccine existed. One has nothing to do with the other.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
Uh...how do you tell the difference? Do you mean they should not be crying right before they fall asleep?

They should not be left to cry alone in a room for an hour till their body eventually gives up and falls asleep. This is the CIO method.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:40 pm
imorethanamother wrote:

Couldn't be further from the truth.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:47 pm
I voted anti covid vaccine but I'm pro vax in general and pro covid vax for high risk people who haven't already had covid and/or don't have antibodies.

I'm very against Cry it out.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:40 pm
I'm pro CIO because it works.

Why is it any better to cry for longer amounts of time, over many more days/weeks, with an adult present vs. crying a shorter amount of time and learning quickly to sleep alone - which is what the poor baby really needs?

MY CIO babies cried for 4 days for 60 min, 0 min, 30 min, 10 min then fell asleep. Total 100 minutes of crying. Slept like angels after.

My non CIO baby (only made that mistake once) cried for 60 min (with me in the room) for 10 nights = 600 minutes of crying.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 3:42 pm
CIO babies learn to self soothe but they also learn that nobody is there for them.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics