Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Okay, now what??
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 30 2021, 8:41 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:

PS. Fun fact: the X-ray also showed that I have an extra bone in my foot where my arch should be (flat feet for the win!). It's just an incidental finding I thought was amusing. In previous imaging tests and surgeries over the past few years, I learned I also have 2 extra mini-spleens and an extra section of colon. I guess it's like keeping a spare tire in your car, just profoundly less useful lol.

Perhaps you had a vanishing twin?

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Perhaps you had a vanishing twin?

Super creepy thought!! And I doubt it. These are all semi-normal things. Most people just don't know if they have them or not because you'd only find out incidentally while testing for something else.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:10 am
I don't have any practical advice, all I have to say is that I personally would absolutely not take the second dose.
Hope you have a refuah shelaima.

naomi2

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 4:36 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
It was not the same arm as the vaccine. Listen, I've had serious doubts in doctors and the whole medical system over the past few years. But I actually really do think the chest and arm pain was from the medication. I skipped it today and things are improving. Without getting into specifics of which medication and why I'm taking it, it's hard to explain the whole story, but it really does make a lot of sense to me. It's known to raise blood pressure and cause rapid pulse, palpitations, etc. in a lot of people who take it.

They didn't dismiss my concern about clots at all. They ran all the tests for clots and they came back normal. D-dimer was .43 and anything below .5 is within the normal range. Troponin was normal. X-ray showed an abnormal density in my toe that wouldn't have shown up if it had been a clot. I actually feel reassured by all of this.

(If you ever read some of my previous threads about medical worries where I DIDN'T believe the doctors' reassurance, you'll know I don't blindly accept the "it's nothing serious," line! ;-))

PS. Fun fact: the X-ray also showed that I have an extra bone in my foot where my arch should be (flat feet for the win!). It's just an incidental finding I thought was amusing. In previous imaging tests and surgeries over the past few years, I learned I also have 2 extra mini-spleens and an extra section of colon. I guess it's like keeping a spare tire in your car, just profoundly less useful lol.

I know this, that is why I even bothered to respond. Because I know you are really open to both sides even though you are hesitant to trust drs completely.
If it were me I would not get the second dose. I feel sorry for you though because you are between a rock and a hard place where your other issues put you at increase risk for covid complications but you are worried about vaccine side effects. Except the vaccine is elective whereas you can try and maybe succeed in not catching covid altogether and even then, there are many treatments available.

mommyX2

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 2:31 am
OP, did you end up taking the second shot? I hope you are feeling well!

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:02 am
BH I’m feeling fine. :-)

I got the second shot on Sunday. I felt flulike on Monday but nothing terrible. Just a little worse than after the annual flu shot.

Thanks for checking in! :-)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics