Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Pasta salad with olives

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:13 am
Please share if you have a yummy, easy recipe for pasta salad with olives. Looking for something we can eat cold or room temperature. Thanks!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:19 am
You can sub olives for tomatoes or use both

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:22 am
You're in luck! That's always the right temp for pasta salad. If you mean for shaloshudos, I might not do olives as they are infamously salty.

The basic deal is, you toss the pasta with some cheese (mozzarella if you have) and chopped veg like cucumbers and tomatoes. Then when it's time to eat, you toss it with apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar and like, Italian seasoning or something.

denise1

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:30 am
My family loves this pasta salad.
tricolor pasta cooked
Diced red pepper
Sliced green olives
Dressing is a mix of mayo and sugar. Amounts to ur taste. Its really delicious and simple. Sometimes I also add a can of corn

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:38 am
denise1 wrote:
My family loves this pasta salad.
tricolor pasta cooked
Diced red pepper
Sliced green olives
Dressing is a mix of mayo and sugar. Amounts to ur taste. Its really delicious and simple. Sometimes I also add a can of corn

Looks yummy, thanks!

Can you tell me approximately the amounts of mayo and sugar you use?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:39 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
You're in luck! That's always the right temp for pasta salad. If you mean for shaloshudos, I might not do olives as they are infamously salty.

The basic deal is, you toss the pasta with some cheese (mozzarella if you have) and chopped veg like cucumbers and tomatoes. Then when it's time to eat, you toss it with apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar and like, Italian seasoning or something.

Is this really a bad idea for shalosh seudos, if it’s just a little bit of olives in a salad?

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is this really a bad idea for shalosh seudos, if it’s just a little bit of olives in a salad?

Probably ok. Salt and sugar should both be limited right before a fast as far as I've read.

denise1

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 3:49 pm
About half a cup mayo and 3 tbsp sugar

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:57 am
What is Italian dressing? I can't find it at the stores. I'll be missing out the mayonnaise and sugar, any other ideas what to season it with? Sesame oil?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:52 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
What is Italian dressing? I can't find it at the stores. I'll be missing out the mayonnaise and sugar, any other ideas what to season it with? Sesame oil?

There are two types: Clearer, oil and other seasonings, and creamy. Not always available with a hechsher in regular groceries.
I wouldn't use sesame oil. Cooking or olive oil.
And I don't add sugar to my salad so you're not missing anything IMO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics