Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Coho salmon

aimhabanim

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 12:08 pm
I got this in my food box. Is it different from regular salmon? Suggestions how best to cook it?

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 1:17 pm
aimhabanim wrote:
I got this in my food box. Is it different from regular salmon? Suggestions how best to cook it?

I also got it. I cooked it last night for dinner. It was delicious. Just cook it as you normally would any other salmon.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 4:44 pm
Coho is less fatty, cook it shorter amount of time so it doesn't get dry.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 4:52 pm
You got COHO?!!! Do you have any idea how expensive that is?

It's right up there with Chinook and Copper River. Dang, you guys are lucky. What's next, prime rib and champagne?

It's a wonderful fish, and you need to cook it delicately. Cook until it's still just a tiny bit underdone looking inside, and it will finish cooking completely when you take it off the heat and let it rest for a bit. Basically, treat it like the most expensive steak you can imagine.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:14 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
You got COHO?!!! Do you have any idea how expensive that is?

It's right up there with Chinook and Copper River. Dang, you guys are lucky. What's next, prime rib and champagne?

It's a wonderful fish, and you need to cook it delicately. Cook until it's still just a tiny bit underdone looking inside, and it will finish cooking completely when you take it off the heat and let it rest for a bit. Basically, treat it like the most expensive steak you can imagine.

Thabks for informing me of this! When I saw it in the food boxes, I thought it was a cheap type of salmon. Now I will eat it with more reverence:)

iyar

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:01 pm
Someday we'll reminisce about food boxes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics