Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Washing Synthetic Wig

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:00 am
Anyone have any good tips for washing a synthetic wig?
I've been using my regular shampoo, but it's not working so well anymore (The company I get my synthetic wigs from has changed their wigs and my shampoo doesn't work well anymore)
What shampoo do you use?
I also just read that laundry detergent works! Anyone ever try that?

Also, my wig is wavy, how can I keep the curls and waves nice?

Mommyto1

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:13 am
first soak it for an hour in lukewarm water and baking soda-that will get all the dirt and grease out.
rinse it, soak for another hour in conditioner and lukewarm water and detangle all the knots with a comb. then for another hour in shampoo (doesn't matter which, I use the cheapest brand) and lukewarm water.
Not sure what to do for curls and waves, you can try putting in dry rollers until it dries completely.

cbsp

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:18 am
Was just going to suggest laundry detergent. Synthetic wigs are not made from hair so it makes sense that shampoos won't work...

DallasIma

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:32 am
I get special wig shampoos (and conditioners) from the same companies I order my wigs from. I have lots & lots of inexpensive synthetic wigs. Never have had a problem with washing them with those shampoos. (Note: I do NOT buy the "heat-friendly" kind of synthetic wigs because I think they would be too hard to take care of. I have no talent whatsoever with hair. That's one of the benefits for me of covering my hair and wearing synthetic wigs!)

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 3:52 pm
right, you use regular liquid detergent. do not do anything to the curls, just let it air dry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels