Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Answering Machine

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 8:04 am
If you're in Israel call this number and listen to the answering machine: 151-504-145-422 Smile

YALT

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 9:07 am
I can't call, cuz I'm not in Israel.
But careful....
A few years back, I was working for an internet company in NY, and I had to call a customer about a certain issue. He told me that if he's not home, I should just leave the message.
But when I called, I heard this Chinese guy babbling away. I thought I called the wrong #, so I tried again. Still (and from the many conversations I've had with this guy, he sounded as American as he can get!).
I started leaving a message, but thinking about the machine, I just burst out in middle.
My coworkers wanted to hear what was so funny, and they also couldn't stop rolling. As well as my boss. And then we all went home to our basements and started sharing the # with our friends for them to hear.

Well, the funniest part, was a few days later, when one of my coworker's friends decided to leave a message in "At Bash" language. And the next day, when she called to listen to the machine, she was shocked to hear her voice on this strangers answering machine!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:09 am
YALT, you mean every message became an announcement??

YALT

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:56 am
Exactly!
any message that he found funny, or didn't understand the language - became his answering machine announcement.
Could you imagine if you left a message for someone in Oklahoma, and by mistake you left it in Yiddish? This guy would find it hilarious, and make that into his announcement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics