Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Chinese theme

myfriends715

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:12 am
so my mom went to china a couple weeks ago (lets not even go there) and she brought the kids back little chinese outfits so I thought hey great instant purim costume so 2 quest

1. what can dh and I dress up as (s/t simple)
2. what to put in shaloch manos.. I'll buy purin themed forune cookines, chinese take out boxes and chopstix but what can I put in ?

thanx

Crayon210

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 12:52 am
Chow mein noodles...rice...?

Amital

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 2:01 am
Could add a can of water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, even mandarin oranges...I think you can even find those kosher for passover!

Bag of ramen, instant rice, and something you can make a come up with a cute title for: Melt together a bag of semisweet and half a bag of butterscotch chips (can stir in half a bag of milk chocolate chips for dairy--I prefer but my family can't tell the difference!). Mix in 1 -2 bags of chow mein noodles (usually around 1.5 for me) until coated and drop by teaspoonfuls on a baking sheet, parchment, or foil. Let cool. (Can also stir in nuts, marshmallows, etc.) I know these by the name "haystacks," but you could adjust that to something Chinese themed!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:42 am
I did this a few years ago. I went to Chinatown (that was before I discovered Oriental tradings & didn't think of looking in Party City or online) & got hard plastic plates with some chinese symbol in the middle. I put a teacup with a tea bag, made mini eggrolls, fortune cookies. I went to the pizza store & got those mini containers & put soy sauce & duck sauce in them. I also put chow mein noodles. & chopsticks in.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 25 2008, 10:59 am
you can mix some japanese or korean stuff in there. saki is rice wine and is different.

Yamama

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 12:03 pm
Red and Yellow foil wrapped candies. Also red Jelly fishes, and Yellow fish shaped mondlen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics