Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Fast and effective wart treatment?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:05 pm
My son has a painful wart on the bottom of his foot. We went to the Dr last week and she recommended duct tape (on 6 days, off one day, repeat) Granted, it's only been 6 days, but I'm wondering if anyone has had better luck with something else? It's getting increasingly painful and he's leaving for his first bout of sleep away camp this coming week.

(It's very deep in his foot and the Dr said that surgical removal would be hard and painful and would require considerable recovery time)

Any suggestions?

yentee

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:10 pm
I did Dr Sholls plantar wart removal bandaid and the used a pumice stone to scrape... took a few weeks but bh got rid of it

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:24 pm
If its very deep, eventually he's going to need surgery. In the meantime use Gorilla Tape. It's like duct tape, but with much better adhesive. Feet get sweaty, and it can make duct tape useless. The Gorilla brand will stick even with bathing and swimming.

If you really want to speed up the process, tape a tablet of baby aspirin directly onto the wart. The Aspirin will help soften and dissolve the wart.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:26 pm
I've had great success with both apple cider vinegar, and with the forces of nature wart remover (homeopathic). The wart remover had been recommended by my podiatrist.
both need be applied twice a day. Dab on with a q-tip, and let air dry. For the nights, I had put the ACV on a tiny piece of a cotton ball, and put a bandaid over it, so it works faster, though it was a bit more irritating.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:30 pm
tea tree oil is amazing with warts put on a few drops a few times a day it will disappear.

menucha18

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:48 pm
My daughter also did well with apple cider vinegar. It did have a burning sensation, but after one night application she was able to peel the wart off.

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:07 pm
I had way too many warts in my life.
The bandaids with medicine are good, if the bandaids stay on. They slip off a lot.
Compound w was amazing. It’s like a nail polish. Paint it and let it dry

Queen18

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:26 pm
I've had a lot of success using duct tape.

Sleepymama

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:47 am
I had a painful plantar wart and tried everything. The only thing that worked for me in the end was a few nights of putting a tiny bit of cotton socked in acv on the wart and covering it with a duct tape and leaving it on over night. It burned and even woke me up from the burning but in a few days the wart was finally gone.

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
tea tree oil is amazing with warts put on a few drops a few times a day it will disappear.

another vote for tea tree oil.

BadTichelDay

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:32 am
In Israel we used to have Verrumal, a liquid tincture designed to dissolve warts. Is there nothing similar in the US? (It is however not suitable for small children, toddlers etc.)

http://www.drug.co.il/bygeneri.....=2195

Liquid nitrogen, applied by a doctor, is another option, but it stings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics