Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Timely- Gefilte fish arrived completely mushy and defrosted

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:09 pm
Do I throw the roll out or is there something I can do to salvage it???

abs

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:09 pm
Make the “mush” into patties and bake. Personally, I think it tastes way better that way

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:12 pm
abs wrote:
Make the “mush” into patties and bake. Personally, I think it tastes way better that way

How do I do this? Can I just spread it onto an 8x8 pan? What spices to add? Thank you so much

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:12 pm
Just leave in the wax paper, roll in foil or put in a small pan, and bake for 3 hours or so.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:17 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
Just leave in the wax paper, roll in foil or put in a small pan, and bake for 3 hours or so.

It was super mushy
..I already took it out of wrapping and put in bowl...

abs

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 5:52 pm
So now form patties, like you would for tuna patties or hamburgers and bake on a cookie sheet or 9x13 until they are golden

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:11 pm
Another idea is lay it in round pan, then add layer of mayo, dill and then tomatoes...bake for an hour or so... Really good

superstar

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:13 pm
I smash mine into a 9'' round pan, and bake with sauteed onion and garlic on top... everyone loves!

abaker

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:20 pm
How long was it out for? I'd probably call the store and request a new one. It could have been packed in a box and sitting waiting to be delivered for hours. Ew.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 6:36 pm
Thank you everyone!

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:10 pm
Many times my gefilte fish comes partly thawed. I unwrap completely and put into loaf tin. Top with salsa and put a little salsa underneath (I basically use a whole jar). Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 for 2 hours. Tastes really good. It comes out like a gefilte fish loaf that’s very tasty.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:19 pm
A little off topic- is it ok to refreeze a partially defrosted loaf? My freezer was left partially open overnight and I refroze a loaf
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note